Any Northern NJ Folks out there that would share Pellet prices and Brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

investor7952

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2009
Norther NJ
Hi
Very New to this. I know we are in the heart of the season but any suggestions on where and what time of year to buy pellets? I just paid 338 dollars for a ton of Hammer Hot ones.I also paid $330 for Fireside Ultras. Pretty expensive considering I am reading of people paying 250 elsewhere.The fireside ultras burn hot but pot needs to be vacumes and scraped at least every 3-4 days or I lose 3-4 degrees on my Accentra insert. I bought the Hammer Hot ones because I have read alot of good things about them. I live in Norther NJ Sussex county but will travel up to 1 hr for a good deal. In Lincoln park NJ where I have a wharehouse I have a trucker who wants to sell 12 skids of Patterson Pellets out of texas. He wants 225 a ton.They are rated at 8600 BTUs and have a less than .5% ash rating.I know they are soft wood. Any NJ folks with some places to shop please let me know.

I stocked early from HD and with Pennington's that were a problem since they were last years and many fines, but Pennington made good on them. I bought Pennington from this years lot at Walmart in Riverdale, burned much better. I needed more as did a buddy of mine, we bought from pelletsales, clean fires. They delivered 2 pallets, each 1.3 tons. Price was a little higher but not bad and delivery was real cheap-$5 a ton or $13 total. I'm keeping one pallet and my buddy is taking the other. We hope to buy early next year from pelletsales and get a better price.

Been burning cleanfire pellets in my stove this season.They are the best iv'e had so far. earlier I tried some PA pellets, they were fairly dirty, alot of ash and a lot of fines, not to mention that they were expensive. the dealer wants 350.00 a ton + tax + 50.00 delivery charge. Got a good price from pelletsales and very prompt delivery. Just checked their price and they are 289.00 a ton plus 5.00 delivery charge for this area. Good luck as prices in this area are quite high from all I have checked.

I didnt think they delivered to NJ. What is the min order? You say no big problems with the cleanfire.
What kind of stove? I just installed an Accentra insert. Burning fireside from home depot. Must clean and scrape pot every 3-4 days.

I don't know what the minimum order is as I ordered 4 tons. they delivered my pellets about 8 days later on a truck with a fork truck on the back. they put them where I wanted them with no problems and I carried them into my shed.( made for a long afternoon).The sales people at pellet sales, were really great to work with and I will order from them again. They have independant distributers that do there deliveries for them so my pellets came on a truck from sparta I believe.

I also ordered 3.9 tons [that was their minimum delivery at the time] from pelletsales.com. I am in Morris County. Same experience: delivery in a week or so and via a forklift truck, pallets were well wrapped.

I have to say I think these cleanfire pellets are better than the other 2 brands i have burned, Energex [OK], and Lignetics [crap].

pelletNJ said:
I also ordered 3.9 tons [that was their minimum delivery at the time] from pelletsales.com. I am in Morris County. Same experience: delivery in a week or so and via a forklift truck, pallets were well wrapped.

I have to say I think these cleanfire pellets are better than the other 2 brands i have burned, Energex [OK], and Lignetics [crap].

That is interesting I have read so many good things about lignetics. I have a ton of hammer hot ones and will be trying them soon. I am not happy with the heat output of the Cleanfire ultra from HD. i DO HAVE ACCESS TO GREEN SUPREME and NewEngland pellet. But I was leaning towards the cleanfire becuase for the delivery fee and the fact I dont have to off load skids it may be worth it.I wiil see if they have an early buy for spring.

I live in Warren County and have been buying my pellets at SOS Stove on Route 57. Unfortunately, they only sell to you if you bought your stove from them. I paid $280 for a ton of AWF pellets in the beginning of October, $310 for a ton of energex in mid-December and $290 for a 2ond ton of AWF two weeks ago. I'm figuring one more ton should probably get me through the winter. The HD in Hackettstown had Future Fuel II for $5.98 a bag. The sears hardware in Mansfield had Lignetics for $7.98 a bag and the Lowes in Hackettstown was out of pellets and not getting any more last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.