1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any one ever use duraflame logs for fire starters ?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by HDRock, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shadow&Flame

Shadow&Flame Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Arkansas
    I was given several of the 6lb logs and I plan to cut them into discs with a machete. I will quarter the discs and put them in a bucket with
    a mix of cherry and alder saw dust. I plan to put them in an egg carton and see how they burn...might even use a little hand sanitizer(was
    given over a gallon of it, who knew it had a shelf life)to get it to light faster. Still going to buy a box of Supercedars in the future thou...
    I just need to use up what I have first.
  3. brakatak

brakatak Member

Loc:
    SE Mass.
    so Duraflames or SuperCedars are completely safe with EPA non-cat stoves? Is this the primary method to get fires started, or do most use kindling? I'm new to burning this coming winter.
  4. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    I'm not sure there are any restrictions for "non-cat" stoves. But only Supercedars have been approved for CAT stoves.