Any one experience "Pro Pellets"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 44 tons last year about this time
Took forever to get to me by rail then truck
most of them were wet or damaged
and burned like CRAP
But then again just about all pellets now are not like the good Ol 100% fir we used to get.

Burning a ton now, went back for another ton. The ones I have burn clean, no fines, tiny amount of dust. By far the best pellet I have burned this year, went through Pennington's, Marth's, Somersets. My two cents...

I took 22 ton in December

Best pellet I have ever had
but mine came from the plant in lower Michigan
I have been advised there is a difference in product from this facility to that one.

Sting said:
I took 22 ton in December

Best pellet I have ever had
but mine came from the plant in lower Michigan
I have been advised there is a difference in product from this facility to that one.

22 tons!! lol no wonder their talking about a shortage...will you people get smaller houses! LOL (just kidding)

I'll barely use 2 tons a season(burning 24/7) lol

Sting, are you the 'Sting" from another page also? I'm rjani on that one. Yep, I forgot to mention the plant, that is where mine came from, via Hampton MN.

Aw, luck with the TC? I bet that is right on. By the way, and not to give you a hard time at all, but I believe the stove is a Castile? Moot point for sure either way.

GotzTheHotz said:
Sting, are you the 'Sting" from another page also? I'm rjani on that one. Yep, I forgot to mention the plant, that is where mine came from, via Hampton MN.

Aw, luck with the TC? I bet that is right on. By the way, and not to give you a hard time at all, but I believe the stove is a Castile? Moot point for sure either way.

yeah its me!

How many ton did you buy from Paul?

GotzTheHotz said:

I'm thinking it was the TC "hotz"....I did a thorough cleaning and its been running fine since....its odd cause I always do a good cleaning daily.....but....maybe something wasnt right with the TC....oh well.....they guys here are great with everyone helping. Excellent site here for sure....

Daffy, two tons so far, great stuff, and Paul is pretty cool too. I'm thinking of getting more, he has 6 or so yet, just don't want to store over the summer as the crib turns into my boating crib during that time. Nice corn too, surprised it is still yellow it is soooo clean. Aw, good to hear!

JA is loosing fans everyday! This place is nice..

Both have good and bad, that's the cool thing about the net. Filter accordingly, go where you may choose. Did you know the Master here is a lib? Sorry Craig, I still love ya.....

yeah - it shows - but I try not to hold that against folks - till they rub me in it - he has been nice to me

I left some info of my experience with these pellets about 1 month ago or so. I bought 1 ton and returned them a week later. After 2 -3 burn cycles the grate became plugged up. No adjustment would fix this, needless to say I could not burn them at night so back they went. I bought them from TSC, they had a lot of them but they were sold out when I returned them. I also use an insert and maybe this could have contributed to the problem but I don't see how.

Status
Not open for further replies.