any one in PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit.....had I not just commited to buy that Stihl 066 that needs a new crank and tied up my play money, I'd jump all over that! Great deal!

That's what CAD will do to you... you come into a 90cc saw, and you're still pissed you let a 50cc saw get away.

Ahhhh!!!

Need to copy and paste the actual ad. When its sold. No one knows the price. Or details :(

Now I am wondering if I should have drive 5 hrs to get a saw ;em

Need to copy and paste the actual ad. When its sold. No one knows the price. Or details :(

Probably not, though it was a good deal. An 034AV, low hours and fairly clean, hadn't been started in 15 years. Seller not sure whether it would run. $100.

Edit: oh, and it came with a woodsman case.

Damn. . . :)

Went from no saw - to - 4 saws in 2 weeks... CAD my friend.

CAD haveith no cure. Only momentary relief after a purchase.

Now post some pics of that bad boy ;)

Reactions: ScotO
Went from no saw - to - 4 saws in 2 weeks... CAD my friend.

Oh, it wasn't me who bought it, though I flirted with the idea. I just saw the ad.

Oh, it wasn't me who bought it, though I flirted with the idea. I just saw the ad.

Whew...... Had me scared there for a minute. I was beginning to think that no saws were safe. Even in my locale ;)

It was tempting, but I have to draw a line somewhere. Also, it was about an hour from home and I had no other reason to head in that direction.

Reactions: DexterDay
Ahhhh!!!

Now I am wondering if I should have drive 5 hrs to get a saw ;em

I'll have to figure out the copy and paste thing

Almost as good a deal: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tls/3999388057.html

STIHL Chain Saw - $150 (Mt Lebanon)

super.jpg

What the ad doesn't say is that this is an 034AV Super. (I inquired).

Any 034 Super/ 036 / 036 Pro is worth that much in non running condition.

I can rebuild a top end for under $100 easily and sell for $300-$375 all day.

So, you're saying I should jump on this aren't you? What happened to, "no saw is safe!"

Reactions: DexterDay and ScotO
It is tempting, but I have houseguests coming over any moment and can't venture out anytime soon.

Reactions: DexterDay
did you get " that" saw??

Heh, I've somehow managed to acquire more than one "that" saw. As Dexter alluded to above, I only owned one saw a month ago and now I have 5, for no other reason than that they were good deals and fixing them up sounded like fun. First I got an 034 for *free* which turned out to have very serious problems that I'm not sure it will fully recover from (but I'm working on it). Then I picked up 2 more nonfunctioning but entirely fixable saws -- an MS 260 and an MS361. And now this 034AVS, which already works just fine.

Long term, "that" saw will probably be the 361. I'll sell the rest after I'm done fiddling with them. I got the 260 going today.

Id sell all of them except the 361 and buy a 044/440/441/046/460 Mag...

Any of those 5... Or a Husq 372xp. A 60cc and a 70cc saw are where its at. I wont own anything under 60cc now. My 036 Pro is light as a feather w/ a 16". Thats my lil Limber ;)

Reactions: Ashful
I'm kinda attached to my Husky 350.

Yeah. Keep that one too:) a 50cc, a 60cc (361), and a 70cc (your choice above).

When the 350 goes out to lunch, you can pop a 346 jug on it ;) Then it will really rip...

Id sell all of them except the 361 and buy a 044/440/441/046/460 Mag...

Any of those 5... Or a Husq 372xp. A 60cc and a 70cc saw are where its at. I wont own anything under 60cc now. My 036 Pro is light as a feather w/ a 16". Thats my lil Limber ;)

No, no, no... if you have an MS361, then you need to partner it with something bigger than 70cc. Go with the MS660. ::-)

The 70cc saws (440/460) are a great middle-ground for someone who wants to carry just ONE saw. Ask smokinj!

Status
Not open for further replies.