Any one know anything about this EPA stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelraq

Nov 11, 2009
Coldstream, British Columbia
A local stove dealer has a new line of stoves -- the Heatilator ECOCHOICE. They are made in Iowa by (per the brochure) "the world's leading hearth company since 1927--known for value and dependability." I have never heard of them!!

The brochure shows 3 stoves; the WS18 (2.0 cu.ft.-18 inch wood), the WS22 (2.7 cu. ft.-22 inch wood) and the WINS18 (an insert with the same specs as the WS18).

They look to be sturdy, well built and simple. I may be interested in the WS22. Am looking for a stove for the basement. I have approx 18 cords of wood cut to 21" ... and there is no "blinkin" way that I am going to cut 4 or 5 inches off of a bunch of wood so that it will fit in the 2nd. stove!

There are no stove reviews in the review section of Hearth.com; nor do I get any results by using the search engine.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

As far as I can tell the Heatilators appear to be stripped down Quad stoves. ie: without the ACC control. They appear to offer good value and early reports for the WS22 are positive.

Yep.... As BeGreen stated, they are made by Hearth and Home Technologies (Same makers of Quad and Harman). This is just there cheaper stripped down model (less ACC). They have pellet stoves also, that mimic Quadrafire. All the same parts (blowers, auger, and burnpot) with just a cheaper shell and a different heat exchange system.

I have seen the WS-22 upclose, and gotta say it seems like a well built unit. Larger firebox and a pretty nice step-top design. The only thing that I didnt like was the air control. Seemed in a bad spot and the range wasn't very much (from full open to full close).

Status
Not open for further replies.