Any opinons on this "Silent FLame" stove insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
I am looking for "a deal" on a good used insert. They don't seem real easy to come by in these parts. We have a medium sized fireplace with real masonry chimney that is about 3/4 to one side in the center of a 1950s brick house. Because of where the fireplace is situated, with a door on the wall next to it and another not far to the right, I don't think a freestanding stove will do the trick, but kind of want an insert that will stick out a little bit for convection heat if the electricity went out and we couldn't rely on the blower.
I'm not seeing a whole lot out there that thrills me, new or used, and the new I definitely can't afford anyway.
Just saw this on craigslist, it looks nice but I have no idea of the age (and 400$ isn't such a deal if it's old as can be)
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/hsh/933493913.html
Anyone hear of this maker and are they decent? Is this an older stove? Do they have catalytic combustors and would that be a good thing in a stove the age of this one or not? Thanks for any info.

The only info I could dig up on manufactuerer of the Silent Flame insert.

Long Agribusiness
PO Box 1139
111 Fairview St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
252-823-4151

Silent Flame Model 2058A*
Silent Flame Model 2062*

Thank you for the quick responses! - And I think you are right - I'll keep looking! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.