1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Any opinons on this "Silent FLame" stove insert?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by tickbitty, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tickbitty

tickbitty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    VA
    I am looking for "a deal" on a good used insert. They don't seem real easy to come by in these parts. We have a medium sized fireplace with real masonry chimney that is about 3/4 to one side in the center of a 1950s brick house. Because of where the fireplace is situated, with a door on the wall next to it and another not far to the right, I don't think a freestanding stove will do the trick, but kind of want an insert that will stick out a little bit for convection heat if the electricity went out and we couldn't rely on the blower.
    I'm not seeing a whole lot out there that thrills me, new or used, and the new I definitely can't afford anyway.
    Just saw this on craigslist, it looks nice but I have no idea of the age (and 400$ isn't such a deal if it's old as can be)
    http://norfolk.craigslist.org/hsh/933493913.html
    Anyone hear of this maker and are they decent? Is this an older stove? Do they have catalytic combustors and would that be a good thing in a stove the age of this one or not? Thanks for any info.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jimbob

Jimbob New Member

Loc:
    The coldest major city in Canada
    The only info I could dig up on manufactuerer of the Silent Flame insert.

Long Agribusiness
    PO Box 1139
    111 Fairview St.
    Tarboro, NC 27886
    252-823-4151

Silent Flame Model 2058A*
    Silent Flame Model 2062*
  3. Jimbob

Jimbob New Member

Loc:
    The coldest major city in Canada
  4. tickbitty

tickbitty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    VA
    Thank you for the quick responses! - And I think you are right - I'll keep looking! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.