Any other guys out there like to go to the maul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a six, eight and some huge maul that hurts to swing once it is so heavy. I used to split 4 cords a year with the maul until my back started to hurt every time. Now I have a hydraulic splitter and only use the maul once a year. I can split faster with the maul for about an hour....then i'm tired out. The splitter I can work all day.

How did we exist before this forum :lol: . In one day I get to hear from a bunch of guys scattered all over 2 countries, doing the same thing I do, but everyone doing it their own way. Glad to hear from both the maul guys, and everyone else as well. Different strokes works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.