Any Others From Richmond, VA Here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vakory

Mar 15, 2013
Richmond, VA
Good morning, All! Just waiting for the Santa Fe to programmably fire up in... (checking clock) ... five minutes.

I just wanted to reach out and ask if there are any other Richmonders on the forum? I'm in Mechanicsville and am on the hunt for pellet retailers in addition to the shop where we purchased our insert. Right now, I'm using Turmans which I'm really enjoying but I'd like to see if I can get a bag or two of Hamers and Barefoots, based on this thread I've been educating myself on - https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/top-10-pellet-brands.107017/.

I went to the Hamer website but their "where to find us" form is broken so I may just drop them an email to ask. Same thing with the Barefoots site (well, it's an online form which opens my email client).

Thanks much and have a good one!

Kory

Welcome and Happy St. Pat's Day to ya! Those are good pellet choices, I'm sure someone on here, that lives near you will be by to help you out.:cool:

Not from the Richmond area but welcome. I went to school at Virginia Tech so I've been around your neck of the woods quite a bit. Hamers and barefoots (as you have been reading) are few of the top hardwood pellets out there. Speaking of barefoots, have you seen this?

http://thedailyreview.com/news/blaz...-inhalation-1.1458850?localLinksEnabled=false

Hey there, John! Tech is an awesome school! I lived in Staunton several years ago and would head down to Blacksburg from time to time. Once a Hokie, always a Hokie!

Wow, thanks so much for the article about Barefoots. I had no idea. :( I sure hope that worker is okay and that the damage to their storage shed is repairable. Thoughts and prayers to them for sure.

Welcome and Happy St. Pat's Day to ya! Those are good pellet choices, I'm sure someone on here, that lives near you will be by to help you out.:cool:

And a Happy St. Pat's Day to you as well, Defiant! I vaguely remember seeing one or two peeps from RVA here but the search was a bit lacking this morning (maybe the server's cold and could use some warming up!) Looking forward to the chiming in.

Enjoy some green beer today!

Status
Not open for further replies.