Any pelpro pp120 home heater owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

budmen

Jan 23, 2017
upstate ny
I bought a project pellet stove for use in the workshop. The short of it is it has no circuit board and being a project I refuse to spend $300 on the acutron iv board. I have done my research and come up with a stand alone controler utilizing some generic solid state timers motor controllers and switches to safely run this stove with all the limit snap switches in use. For the $32 so far I have invested in the electronics it should be a good project.

What I need now is someone who has that exact stove to time the auger cycle light most run for a couple seconds then off for a few. I timed my buddy's Brickwell that was on for 2 sec off for 12 on low on for 4 sec off for 10 sec on high. But I don't imagine the different brands use the same timing and the burn rates are probably all different..

I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Like I said this will be a project and will not be relied upon for a heat source just to heat the wood shop once or twice a month.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didn't realize insurance would be void but I'm still not to concerned I will be working watching the stove whenever it is on but thank you very much for the information and the helpful warning

The Pelpro curse, inexpensive stoves that work well and hyper expensive control boards that are easy to short out. Your experiment sounds like a fun project.

I was playing with one over the weekend. The different heat settings alter the time period length but the auger on time remains at 3 seconds. High is around 7 to 9 seconds total time, not sure about low, guessing 13 to 15 seconds but i could check in a few days.

There are also potentiometers for low and high feed rates plus there is an adjustable damper along with a low speed fan adjustment pot. These stoves can be set up to run well from idle to max with only one damper setting unlike some stoves

Jzm2cc that is the info I was looking for..... thanks allot

I plan on using small electronic motor controllers for the combustion and convection fans so I can tune it right out thanks again for your input

I'll see if i can get a few data points for you this weekend on my pelpro work in progress. Need to install ebay $89 exhaust blower so i can fire it up again. Bushings in old motor won't allow it to turn fast enought to generate vacuum.

Hope to get max and min time periods for low and high settings based on potentiometer extremes. Usually max burn on stoves is close to 50% duty cycle, i.e. 3 seconds on and 3 seconds off in this case