Any pipe within a pipe stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcampbell

Jan 3, 2008
Vermont
Are there any manufacturers that use a single pipe for intake/exhaust? Or can this not be done with pellet stoves? Do any gas stove manufacturers do this?

Thanks.

Selkirk makes a product called Direct-Temp for pellet and corn stoves, basically a pipe within a pipe. The fresh air is draw in the outer edge between and two pipes, the exhaust goes out the center pipe. This is what I used for my install, I like it because there's only one hole through the wall to the outside and the larger diameter pipe looks more like a true wood stove vent. Although not the Selkirk website, here's a link with info from a stove shop I found online: http://www.northweststoves.ca/chimneys-venting/selkirk-direct-temp.html

I think Simpson dura Vent also has the a wall thimble with exhaust and fresh air . Harman also has a wall thimble with the same holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.