Any relay (control) gurus out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Apr 24, 2010
PEI, Canada
I will try to explain this the best I can, with my primary/secondary setup I have oil and wood boilers both plumbed into a primary loop that is supplying a low temp radiant zone and high temp baseboard zone. Currently my primary pump runs continuously(controlled by me by a regular switch). To make a long story short (keep in mind I am a plumber by trade but fairly knowledgeable in the 120/240v and somewhat in the low voltage range of electrical work) I want two aquastats to control one primary pump. I either have the TT (low voltage) contacts to work with or the C1 (line voltage) aquastat relay to work with. In my mind a relay similar to the ly2 (one contact coil operating a DPDT switch[spst would work I think if choices are limited]) does such a thing exist as a relay with 2 contact coils (either 24vac or 110vac) that would pull the same set of contacts powering the primary pump? Any other suggestions that I am totally overlooking? Looking for an answer kind of on the cheap side of things! Hopefully this is somewhat clear, at least to an electrician or low voltage controls guy =) Thanks!

Just re-read this and want to add this, both aquastats C1 contacts control their own pumps injecting water into the primary loop, I want to piggy back of the c1 (or TT if it makes things simplier) contact without back feeding the pump controlled by the second aquastat.

Status
Not open for further replies.