Any scroungers who live near Princeton, NJ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
I was driving through Princeton, NJ on Route 206 yesterday. Lots of down trees along the road. Too bad I live way too far from Princeton.

I got some locust from a little north of that area a month ago. It was a locust goldmine. I could have gotten more, but its too far away for multiple loads.

I work in Princeton but live in Baltimore. If I could get rounds into the trunk of my Camry I'd be there is a New York minute.

Lots of trimming going on around here-unfortunately I've been too pressed for time to stop most days. I did score some locust a while back though. I missed out on some ash on Rosedale Road-by the time I got around to it it was gone...

bluedogz said:
I work in Princeton but live in Baltimore. If I could get rounds into the trunk of my Camry I'd be there is a New York minute.

WOW! I work in Princeton and live in Northwest Hunterdon County-I thought my commute was bad! How long does it take you every day?

I'mwith badfish....bmore to prineton every day? wow. princeton is not the easiet place to get to. you got stock in exxon?

Dang...I used to work in priceton and took 206 every day. Was just there yesterday but not via 206.

diodeduster said:
i picked up a load right before the holidays but its hard to just pull over and load because 206 is a major road with no shoulder.

indeed, I go through there at least once a week at lunch as a cube break, headed there today actually.

Badfish740 said:
Lots of trimming going on around here-unfortunately I've been too pressed for time to stop most days. I did score some locust a while back though. I missed out on some ash on Rosedale Road-by the time I got around to it it was gone...

bluedogz said:

WOW! I work in Princeton and live in Northwest Hunterdon County-I thought my commute was bad! How long does it take you every day?

I did the drive every day for the first year of the job, then caved and rented a room in Bridgewater, so I stay there 5 nights a week and go home weekends. During the first year, it was a solid 2 hours each way. It was tolerable because I spent 2 years without meaningful employment and I was thrilled to get back into my industry, plus Mrs. Blue makes weekly library run to pick up audiobooks to load the iPod.

Mrs. Blue and I hope to get moved up to Hunterdon area sooner or later... once school is done this summer life may change.

The people from the Princeton area burn stacks of money...
Not Wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.