1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any thermometer and moisture meter recommendations?

Post in 'The Gear' started by RORY12553, Jan 6, 2013.

1. RORY12553

RORY12553 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NY
    As the posting says any thermometer and moisture meter recommendations? I currently have 3 rutland thermometers that i bought at home depot. two on top of the stove which give me two different readings and one on the flue pipe which i have no clue about if it is accurate. also want a moisture meter to test wood in different areas of the stacks. seems towards the bottom of the stacks are little less seasoned then top and middle. possibly have to raise it off the ground more.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nocattom

Nocattom New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    General Tools MMD4E Digital Moisture Meter by General Tools $29.98 at Amazon

this works for me
    [​IMG]
  3. Nocattom

Nocattom New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    BAFX Products (TM) - Non Contact - Infrared (IR) Thermometer (-58F - +1,022F!) - BATTERY INCLUDED! by BAFX Products $23.99

[​IMG]
    this works well too
  4. charly

charly Guest

I use this Tempoint flue gas probe for both stoves,,can be calibrated in boiling water and the needle adjusted...Part of an oil burner test kit. Part # 12-7014...Usually list for 100 dollars but one company sells them for $68.95...
    100_6371.JPG 100_6375.JPG 100_6380.JPG
  5. charly

charly Guest

Surface gauge I use from PTC instruments. $31.95 Used on both stoves as well.
    PTC® Instruments
    www.ptc1.
    100_6401.JPG
  6. RORY12553

RORY12553 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern NY
    Thanks for the suggestions!