Any thermometer and moisture meter recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY12553

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2011
Southern NY
As the posting says any thermometer and moisture meter recommendations? I currently have 3 rutland thermometers that i bought at home depot. two on top of the stove which give me two different readings and one on the flue pipe which i have no clue about if it is accurate. also want a moisture meter to test wood in different areas of the stacks. seems towards the bottom of the stacks are little less seasoned then top and middle. possibly have to raise it off the ground more.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

As the posting says any thermometer and moisture meter recommendations? I currently have 3 rutland thermometers that i bought at home depot. two on top of the stove which give me two different readings and one on the flue pipe which i have no clue about if it is accurate. also want a moisture meter to test wood in different areas of the stacks. seems towards the bottom of the stacks are little less seasoned then top and middle. possibly have to raise it off the ground more.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

General Tools MMD4E Digital Moisture Meter by General Tools $29.98 at Amazon

this works for me
81-yo55Z9wL._AA1500_.jpg

BAFX Products (TM) - Non Contact - Infrared (IR) Thermometer (-58F - +1,022F!) - BATTERY INCLUDED! by BAFX Products $23.99

31cv3%2BDdzTL._SS400_.jpg

this works well too

I use this Tempoint flue gas probe for both stoves,,can be calibrated in boiling water and the needle adjusted...Part of an oil burner test kit. Part # 12-7014...Usually list for 100 dollars but one company sells them for $68.95...
100_6371.JPG100_6375.JPG100_6380.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.