Any thoughts on Napoleon Direct vent fireplaces??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

I'm TRYING to stay with the place that will give a builders discount. My choices are Lennox, yuch, Mendota YUM and Nepoleon unknown.

I know I do not want Lennox, I would LOVE a Mendota DXV35 but I THINK it is out of my price range and I know nothing about Napoleon.

We plan on visiting a few places but I'd like to know what is built right and what is not so right before I fall in love with a box that I can not get a builders discount on.

I'm can only spend about 1,500 on the box . . . I think.

all the dealers in my area will give a builder discount. You can buy a nice fireplace at retail for $1500. I dont know the napolean fireplace, did you get a chance to look at it? what model are you thinking ? i will look it up.

Just looking online - could not find AFUE numbers but my main goal is to keep a box in the 16 inch deep area - they seem pretty shallow 12 inchs???

If most will give builder discounts that is great - I was unsure if this was like appliances or not. We have so many dealers in Madison WI that I can get almost any company!

My father-in-law as a Heat-Glow (??) and it gets freaking hot in his apartment but he does not have 14 foot vaulted ceilings!

call a local quad dealer and ask for a price on a QV36A and a QV32A with a harmony hall front, they both should come in less then $1500. Both are in the high 70%'s and both are ~16" deep.

yea, the QV series is comparable to the caliber series. (non NXT ones) they also own heat-n-glo. (hearth and home technologies)

Status
Not open for further replies.