Any tube stoves that will run low AND clean on Western Juniper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
I was going to recommend the Englander 30 to my sister, to upgrade the smoke-blower in her workshop. I've seen it mentioned a couple times that the 30 likes to run hot, but if run low it gets a bit smokey. She is in NM and temps are moderate most of the time. In addition, she sometimes wants to run the stove low overnight. She needs the option of being able to run low and clean on a full load. They get mostly Western Juniper, if that makes a difference. Are there tube stoves that will run low and clean, or are we talking strictly cat-stove territory here?

If not cat, then cat-hybrid. Probably some tubes like to run slower than others, but they all like to run... no walking or trotting so far as I know.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.