1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any updated Pellet pricing now that we're into August?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by PutnamJct, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PutnamJct

PutnamJct Member

Loc:
    Putnam County NY
    Oil/NG prices swinging like crazy, wondering about pellets?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. saichele

saichele Minister of Fire

Lignetics still hanging around $200/ton at Tractor Supply inthe Midwest.
  3. Dougsey

Dougsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Epping, NH
    $241 at Lowes, $248 at Wal-Mart in Epping, NH.
    $245-$275 at area stove shops.
  4. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    182-245/ton here in Casper, Wyoming. Holding price since last year.
  5. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    Same here, we are at $240/ton and have plenty in stock. I dont anticipate a rate increase untill i have to buy more mid season. Of course casper and boulder are pretty close, i would expect the market to be about the same.
  6. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    $219/ton for New England, standard Grade, $239/ton Quality Premium Softwood, $239/ton Allegheny Premium Hardwood, $259/ton New England Premium Hardwood....I expect the price to remain stable till September, which is when the real procrastinators jump in, then all bets are off.
  7. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    I have to sell them at $265
    California
  8. fletchtb

fletchtb New Member

Loc:
    Fletcher, Vermont
    Still $205 per ton at Vermont Pellet Stoves in Colchester, VT for Granules LG Premium Pellets
  9. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    I just got off the phone with our two local farm stores and the price per ton of pellets is $190. 25 at Tractor Supply Co. and $190.75 per ton at Orscheln farm & home.
  10. Choppedliver

Choppedliver New Member

Loc:
    Denver Colorado
    $3.60 a bag / $180.00 a ton, Plus tax until Sept 4th after that we are $4.10 a bag / $205.00 an ton plus tax. Denver, Colorado
    We have a 1000 ton contract with are manufacture this Season and have already bought and sold a little over 200 tons of that contract
  11. Revig

Revig Member

Loc:
    Billings, MT
    $4.00/bag - $190.00/ton in Billings, MT Atlas brand
  12. Homefire

Homefire New Member

$240 delivered 30 miles and stacked in the garage.
    $ 120 a ton for corn in 100# bags.
    I burn 25% pellets 75% corn so the fuel cost works out to $140.40 a ton for winter fuel.
  13. drizler

drizler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chazy, NY 12921
    Just saw hardwood pellets in tractor supply for $211 in Northern NY a few days ago..
  14. roac

roac New Member

Loc:
    Nampa, Idaho
    At local D&B Supply (Farm Supply type store) they are having a pre-season pellet sale. Lignetics, $3.99 a bag or $162 a ton. Eureka wood pellets $3.69 a bag or 148.50 a ton.
  15. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    And your from ..........................WHERE? You can list your location in your profile.
  16. roac

roac New Member

Loc:
    Nampa, Idaho
    Idaho. Pellet pricing here has to compete with really low NG and Electricity prices. Electricity just dropped 14% here earlier this summer.
  17. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    What is the cost per therm there for Natural Gas? 14% drop for electricity ? Awesome ......We would like to hope any lower prices hold ............ The Average price per thurm for NG here has been .82 cents . Last winter it was up to $1.27 for 2 weeks and averaged around $1.17
  18. roac

roac New Member

Loc:
    Nampa, Idaho
    NG runs 1.07 per therm and that doesn't fluctuate much and electricity is 5.425 per KWH (Mostly all hydro generated). Add to that the fact you can purchase wood permits from the National Forests for 10$ a cord. Two of the local National Forests give the first two cords away free. We have a lot of dead lodgepole.
  19. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    I'm interested to see what NG does this year. When I calculate the costs of operation I always include the taxes, delivery fees etc. Do you guys take those into consideration with your figures? Our actual per therm price is around .80-.85 but when you add all the taxes its up to 1.00-1.10. Even there it's still 7 cents an hour less to run a 45k btu gas stove than a 45k btu pellet stove. And that's not considering gasoline to go get the pellets. Pellets still beat propane by a long shot, but I really think that for pellet fuel to become truely mainstream it will have to break the NG price barrier again. Let's face it there is work involved with buring pellets and people aren't going to be willing to put the extra effort into it if they're not saving. I think first and foremost the supply must meet the demand, but secondly the price needs to come down somehow.
  20. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    True there .
  21. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Northwest NJ here. 200-210.
  22. lizman

lizman New Member

Just bought 2 tons from local Walmart - Future Fuel from Missoula, MT - $247/ton. The bag say premium but no specs on ash, fines, or sodium content. Earlier this year in March I bought my first ton of pellets at Lowe's in Glenwood Springs since buying my Harman XXV - Lignetics $168/ton. Currently same Lowe's has Lignetics for a whopping $313/ton!!! Seems on the western slope of Colorado someone is into making windfall profits. It is hard to believe that fuel costs would add up to an 86% increase in cost. At the $247/ton it will be close to natural gas for price per million BTU, at $313/ton, NG is a better deal. The pellet companys are going to price themselves out of the market if this keeps up.
  23. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Yep!
  24. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Lizman,

Holy mackeral, that's insane! My only question at those prices would be, "Do I get a weekend alone with Shania Twain or Jessica Simpson?"
  25. homebrewz

homebrewz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East Central, NY
    Dry Creek @ $230/ ton in my local Agway near Albany, NY in July
    now at $238/ton in August

Whatever pellets they sell at Tractor Supply have been going for $230/ton.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.