Any updated Pellet pricing now that we're into August?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in central NY
Hydro from Niagara Falls
Nuke from 9 mile

We still are paying .12 per kwh..to Rochester Gas and Electric
Makes you wonder why so much?
Now they are building wind mills on the Tug Hill but my price hasn't gone down.

can you say greed? ;)

I can't figure out what my electric costs me. I am with a co-op and every since Virginia opened it up so that you can buy from other suppliers, but the co-op has to provide transmission wires, they have been giving credits to keep us from switching. Hottest months, profit return of around half the bill. Coldest months, profit return of around half the bill, which I get hosed on because I heat 100% with wood.

Somewhere they obviously have a vault full of my money! That they have been drawing interest on for a lot of years.

We have a cost recovery fee added on a KWH basis. I forget the % but it is substantial. It has something to do with a writeoff associated with the Seabrook nuclear power station (AKA the "stranded-cost recovery" line item on bills).

BeGreen said:
yep. Though we almost always roll our own pizzas. Even got the pizza stone in the stove.

Yeah, but you don't have Luna Pizza (Northampton) 10 minutes from you.

Definitely at least a 9 out of a 10 for "foodie" pizza. All organic ingredients, not greasy at all, and you don't feel like you've done something wrong after eating one! Ah, the crust - it is a work of art in itself!

Beside the ingredients, it is the oven that makes the difference. They use, I'm told, a VERY hot oven - the pizza comes out really quick. Not cheap, but it is truly gourmet.

Webmaster said:
Beside the ingredients, it is the oven that makes the difference. They use, I'm told, a VERY hot oven - the pizza comes out really quick. Not cheap, but it is truly gourmet.

Gourmet pizza. Now that just has to be on a oxymoron list somewhere. I had a pizza in Paris once, but I was the only person in the joint.

BrotherBart said:
Gourmet pizza. Now that just has to be on a oxymoron list somewhere. I had a pizza in Paris once, but I was the only person in the joint.

Listen, Bro - my treat when you next find yourself coming up to New England.....

I have converted many a doubter to my religion (food) at this very location. Even those who normally are not impressed by "gourmet: food will find themselves saying "this is REALLY good".

It just is.....

We had a few pizzas when we were last in France. They ranged from bien to fantastique. Though fast food doesn't realy fit the french psyche. They really believe you are what you eat and like to savor a meal.

Craig, I know what you mean, a great pizza joint is in no way like Dominos. It's a wonderful experience. We had one in Seattle called Guidos. I don't know if it's still there, but it was heaven. The crust was to die for and the sauce, spicy. Our pizza is not too shabby, but Guidos was an art form. Hmmmm.

Webmaster said:
BeGreen said:
yep. Though we almost always roll our own pizzas. Even got the pizza stone in the stove.

Yeah, but you don't have Luna Pizza (Northampton) 10 minutes from you.

Definitely at least a 9 out of a 10 for "foodie" pizza. All organic ingredients, not greasy at all, and you don't feel like you've done something wrong after eating one! Ah, the crust - it is a work of art in itself!

dang...cant actually believe Im writing something like this, but Craig is ALMOST correct....the Luna pizza is absolutely amazing, without a doubt! You wont likely find better in New England! BUT, if you are ever in Colorado, theres a little pizza shop in a little town in Clear Creek Canyon, called Beau-Jo's...its in Idaho Springs near the Argo gold mine, and it is absolutely the BEST pizza Ive ever had.....not a totally "politically-correct" pizza, you can get meat on it, like buffalo, and buffalo do taste good, by the way! Many different kinds of dough, sauces, multitudes of toppings! Truly an epicurean work of art! Any of you Colorado guys ever been there? Stovemanken?

every time i go up I70, i hit beau-jo's. its one of my favriot pizza places, and they serve great local beers too. Good call! my favriot style of pizza is new york style, there is a little shop in boulder called Abo's, and its my hands down favriot. Its thin, crispy, and greasy. My second favriot place in boulder is "Baked in Boulder" its a chicago style with Tons of fresh mozz, homemade sauce, and hommade crust that is just about the oppisit of Abo's. One pice of that pizza is about 3 pounds and its a killer on the stomach.

My favorite in NY style too. That is one of the great things about NYC. One can get a slice from an over the counter shop and it is usually pretty darn good. I grew up in lower NY state and we had a really outstanding local pizzeria run by a couple Italian brothers. Never had a bad pizza from there.

When we moved to Seattle in the mid-70's it was like a pizza wasteland. You couldn't find a good pizza to save your life. The worst were the new-age attempts with a whole wheat crust that was so heavy it sank straight to your feet. They were piled with so much crap that you might as well have been eating a country deep dish pie. That's when we started making our own. By the early-80's Seattle had fine pizza places and still does, but those early years were hard on the stomach.

BeGreen said:
My favorite in NY style too. That is one of the great things about NYC. One can get a slice from an over the counter shop and it is usually pretty darn good. I grew up in lower NY state and we had a really outstanding local pizzeria run by a couple Italian brothers. Never had a bad pizza from there.

When we moved to Seattle in the mid-70's it was like a pizza wasteland. You couldn't find a good pizza to save your life. The worst were the new-age attempts with a whole wheat crust that was so heavy it sank straight to your feet. They were piled with so much crap that you might as well have been eating a country deep dish pie. That's when we started making our own. By the early-80's Seattle had fine pizza places and still does, but those early years were hard on the stomach.

HaHa, I can relate. I grew up in Seattle in the 70's. The best pizza was at Shakey's, in West Seattle. When I moved to New York I discovered what pizza was supposed to taste like. And I love that you can grab it by the slice.

Sean

Pizza at Shakeys! Yep, you know exactly what we were going through.

Funny that you moved back east when the trend was the opposite. I moved up to the Berkshires in NW CT, as soon as I could and loved the area. My brother still lives in your neck of the woods. Many people don't realize what a beautiful countryside NY has once you go upstate.

BeGreen said:

Funny that you moved back east when the trend was the opposite. I moved up to the Berkshires in NW CT, as soon as I could and loved the area. My brother still lives in your neck of the woods. Many people don't realize what a beautiful countryside NY has once you go upstate.

Yeah, that's true. Most of the Seattlites I told about my move to NY thought I was going to the "Big Apple". There is so much more to New York outside of NYC. The neighboring Berkshires are great. Actually, I feel very comfortable around there, reminds me a lot of the Seattle flavor of life.

Sean

seaken said:
BeGreen said:

Yeah, that's true. Most of the Seattlites I told about my move to NY thought I was going to the "Big Apple". There is so much more to New York outside of NYC. The neighboring Berkshires are great. Actually, I feel very comfortable around there, reminds me a lot of the Seattle flavor of life.

Sean

A few years ago we drove up to Niagra Falls via Western PA and NY in the summer. On the way back we were cruising between two finger lakes and I was admiring the scenery and commented that it was beautiful country and I believed I could enjoy living around there.

While I was talking my wife just silently pointed her finger at an equipment yard we were passing that was just off the road. In that yard was the largest collection of monster sized snow moving equipment I have ever seen in my life.

My foot started pressing a little harder on the acclerator and I kept going South.

Downwind of the Great Lakes gets some prodigious snowfalls. Fortunately, they diminish with distance from the lakes.

BOY IS THIS TOPIC OFF SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My price for pellets are holding at $265 for Pine Fir mix from canada
My cost of shipping is $108 per ton.

I know I know why cant I get pellets from a closer supplier.
THEY WONT RETURN MY CALLS>

Central California

moralleper said:
I just picked up my second ton of 100% Doug fir pellets, for $149 a ton this weekend.

Where are pellets 149 a ton?

Pizza from a 1000 degree oak fire oven that takes about 50 seconds to bake a thin crust with pepperoni and mushrooms.
Got it from a place Niagara Fall Canada call DeAgastino's (sic?) pure taste and wonderful.

The pizzas were bake among the coals, the pizza paddles were about 6 or 7 feet long.
Like I said best I ever tasted.

Anyone grilling puff balls this year.
Had my first of the year this week. olive oil and a little garlic with Mrs. Dash for good measure.

homefire said:
Anyone grilling puff balls this year.
Had my first of the year this week. olive oil and a little garlic with Mrs. Dash for good measure.

Is that what you do with them?!?

I know they are supposed to be 'choice edibles', but they taste like unseasoned tofu to me, except with a nastier textrue.

I usually just grab some sulfer shelf & hen-of-the-woods, since I really don't have much time for mushrooming nowadays (that, and Rooted Oudimasella, since it grows in my front lawn)

If your looking for Great home delivery service of a ton at a time or more in Northern Colo. call me or better yet e-mail me for qoutes!!
My Company name is PelletsToGo !! I'm brand New and am willing to give you all the best deal I can afford with still needing to make a livingas well! The biggest problem were going to run into this fall and winter is the price of hauling it I.E. Diesel fuel cost!! It is out raguoas as you all know!
But please give me a call or e-mail me at
[email protected]
Ph. # (970) 663-7830
cell. (970) 690-9985
Thanks so much for reading my Speal here!
Sincerly Robert,
owner of PelletsToGo
ps I'll be selling the highest Premium grade pellets that are going to be manufactued here in Colorado> my web site is PelletsToGo.com the name of the pellets are Rocky Mountain Pellets out of Walden Colorado!
they'll be avail to be delivered by me sometime around Labor day! Please give me a chance I'm here for the long run we need to do something about these rip off prices for energy !
Thanks again Sincerly from my Green Heart ;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.