1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Any US Stove 2000 users or opinions?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Burn-1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Burn-1

Burn-1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    I have been looking for a second stove for my basement rec room. If I had the cash and my druthers I would have another PE in a heartbeat but I was in Tractor Supply this morning and saw the US Stove 2000 on sale for $599. It comes with a blower and is efficient enough to get the tax credit.

I didn't go completely through it but it seemed well built with an Englander style ceramic insulation baffle. The door was a bit small, (narrow), you definitely couldn't get a big chunk of wood in there and it's definitely an E/W loader only although it can take 21" wood. At that price with the blower and tax credit I might just go for it but any input or opinions would be helpful.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Only input I can give you is that they have been building stoves for like a hundred years and I have never seen anybody groan about one of them on this forum.

Of course I have never seen a Vogelzang owner come on here and complain either but everybody dumps on them.
  3. ddown

ddown Member

Loc:
    Middle of the Mitten, Michigan
    I bought 2 weeks ago and have done shoulder season burns only I need something smaller than my NC30. I must say I'm impressed. Burns great 5/16ths top plate unreal burn control seems much more contrlable than my englander. I got the display model and the baffle was chewed up on top cosmetic only. Called customer service and had a new baffle in three days UPS. I know it's made in China but welds are clean and it looks much better built that the new offerings at lowes looked at both choice was easy.
  4. Burn-1

Burn-1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Thanks ddown. I'm going to take a closer look tonight. It's good to know it runs like an Englander.