Any US Stove 2000 users or opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
I have been looking for a second stove for my basement rec room. If I had the cash and my druthers I would have another PE in a heartbeat but I was in Tractor Supply this morning and saw the US Stove 2000 on sale for $599. It comes with a blower and is efficient enough to get the tax credit.

I didn't go completely through it but it seemed well built with an Englander style ceramic insulation baffle. The door was a bit small, (narrow), you definitely couldn't get a big chunk of wood in there and it's definitely an E/W loader only although it can take 21" wood. At that price with the blower and tax credit I might just go for it but any input or opinions would be helpful.

Only input I can give you is that they have been building stoves for like a hundred years and I have never seen anybody groan about one of them on this forum.

Of course I have never seen a Vogelzang owner come on here and complain either but everybody dumps on them.

I bought 2 weeks ago and have done shoulder season burns only I need something smaller than my NC30. I must say I'm impressed. Burns great 5/16ths top plate unreal burn control seems much more contrlable than my englander. I got the display model and the baffle was chewed up on top cosmetic only. Called customer service and had a new baffle in three days UPS. I know it's made in China but welds are clean and it looks much better built that the new offerings at lowes looked at both choice was easy.

Thanks ddown. I'm going to take a closer look tonight. It's good to know it runs like an Englander.

Status
Not open for further replies.