Any videos on removal and cleaning and re-installation of Blaze King cat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Are there any videos that show how to do this,I need to remove my cat clean it and re-install and I have ten thumbs.Thanks

I wouldn't suggest removing it just to clean it unless it's plugged up. You should be able to remove the flame shield and run a soft brush across the face or a vacuum brush. If the backside is also bad I would pull the pipe and try to vacuum the back of it. If you remove it you'll have to replace the gasket and run the risk of damaging the cat.

Don't know of any movie but if you remove it make sure you have a new cat gasket for it, they pretty much fall apart once used. I think my manual says not to remove it unless it need replacing or is clogged up bad. It says to remove the s/s guard and either use a soft bristle brush or vacuume.

From the back there is a pretty significant piece of metal hanging down blocking access from the flue. Not much access back there, maybe you can blast low pressure air from the rear with a leaf blower or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.