Any Way to get less then 45 degree bend?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terryjd98

Jul 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
I was planning on doing a corner install in my living room with my pellet stove but with the layout of my house I would like less then a 45 degree angle for the stove to sit at. The reason is there is a doorway that goes to the kitchen from the living room and another doorway that goes to the dinning room from the kitchen. If I could line the stove up at less angle then the stove would blow through both doorways or at least heat would be easier to move through them. At a 45 degree angle the stove just blows in the one room. My only other option would be to keep the stove 2 feet away from the side wall and then it would line up with the doorways.
So is there anyway to go less then a 45 degree angle? I am using excell pipe with the rubber gaskets in the pipe which I have read on here is a good pipe.
Any ideas on this or am I going to be putting the stove 2 feet from the side wall?
Thanks for any replys.
Terry

you could go with a cleanout T off the back of the stove, then up (inside) before going out through the wall. it should let you pick any angle you like.

Hi Terry,

here is what I did. Used all the pieces of the dura vent kit plus a 45 degree elbow. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PIC_0013.JPG
    PIC_0013.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 513
  • PIC_0014.JPG
    PIC_0014.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 241
  • PIC_0013.JPG
    PIC_0013.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 248
piscassic said:
you could go with a cleanout T off the back of the stove, then up (inside) before going out through the wall. it should let you pick any angle you like.

Thats a good idea. I never really thought about putting a T on the inside and neither did the dealer I am buying the pipe from when I asked if they had anything less then a 45 and showed a diagram of why. Would be nice and easy to just turn the stove untill its in the right line since the T can line up anywhere on pipe above.

sydney1963 that is a good looking install, would almost work for me but the one problem I am going to have is clearence to a window. I am going to have to close in one window with a plain piece of glass caulked and trimmed into place. Only other option would be to go streight up when I went outside but I really can't afford the 25 or so feet of pipe to go up over the roof. The house is a story and a half, top windows just 4 feet above the bottom ones. So If I go high enough to meet clearence on bottom window then won't have it on top bedroom window.
Wish I could have afforded for the dealer to do the install and all the pipe but would have been looking at around $1,400.00 just for a basic install. $750.00 to $800.00 for labour and $600.00 to $700.00 for pipe. Right now the Excel pipe is going to cost me right around $500.00. I have looked for them kits at the local Home Depot but they are still waiting for them to come in, said had a list of about 18 people waiting, why I went to a dealer. Still not sure why I am going to get the pipe cheaper then what they quoted me if they installed. They were making money by charging labour plus pipe costs.
Thanks for the advice, will help a lot, now just need a volunteer to help me get through the 14 inch stone wall lol.

Here is what it looks like in the back of the stove. Spray painted the inside pipe with high temp stove paint. Extra 45 degree elbow cost me $35 and paint $12. We did do the install ourselves but it was pretty straight forward. Exactly 4' from end of vent cap to edge of opening window.

Attachments

• PIC_0017.JPG
    PIC_0017.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 203
  • PIC_0020-1.JPG
    PIC_0020-1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.