Any winter forecasts yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's air conditioning my wife hate it so we do not own any we use a few fans and struggle to sleep

12 week old puppy. I have it set to 75 during the day. I've read they aren't too good at cooling themselves yet. His paws do get a bit warm sometimes. It's cool enough where it doesn't run at night.

Matt

What air conditioning? Its been one fairly nasty, rainy and cold summer over all. No reason to use the AC around here at all. We just use fans. Of course the 16 year old princess needs it because she doesn't have to pay for it. I think I turned ours on once for a couple hours otherwise use it for a fan.

Only predictions I heard so far was by Al Gore saying there wasn't going to be any more winters. ;-) I guess the earth is burning up......

It's gonna be a cold one... you heard it here first.

Seems like we're due for a cold winter, so that's my personal forecast that I'm sticking with :)

One of my friends at work who also likes to x-c ski seemed pleased with this call!

-Colin

I predict it's going to continue to get darker earlier, at least until Christmas. And it's going to get a lot cooler than it is now. I'm willing to put some real money down on this (unless you live in the southern hemisphere, then all bets are off).

FWIW, I notice that NOAA is not predicting any below normal temps for Nov. Dec. Jan. and a lot of above normal temps.
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/lead04/off04_temp.gif

I'm hoping for a long, cold one with enough snow to start XC skiing in November and not quit until mid April.

Weather patterns here in the Northeast seem to follow multi-year cycles, so I'm with NYSS that we're due for a doozy.

Hey BG

Take a look at that chart ya put up. It says in all those orange places that there are between 33 and 50% chance of being above normal right?? Well I hate these charts because the way I always read them (and remember I have a degree in atmospheric sciences) that means there is a 67%-50% chance that its below normal. On the other hand I'm a meteorologist not a climatologist.

edit: that is of course because there is no such think as a "normal winter" :)

I can tell you with 100% certainty what this winters weather will bring.

Ask me in May

bruce said:
winter, does a/c work then? does harman make freon based stove?

Yeah. It uses their new "Aftercooler" technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.