Any Wood Doctor People out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgruver78

Nov 30, 2008
Southern NY
got my furnace factory direct and i want to make sure everything is there. just need somebody to ask a few questions just so i know i have everything in order. thanks!

i am just wondering that i have all my parts for my unit. when i recieved it i know they didn't give me the chimney cap but i am wondering if i am suppose to have a stove pipe with it. right now my chimney cap is barely above my owb roof and its staining my unit pretty bad. if you got to the wood doctor website it shows pictures of them and the cap looks a few feet above the roof. i wouldn't mind getting my own pipe but it seems expensive if they were suppose to provide me with it.

Which one do you have? On mine the cap is direct off the boiler but I do not have a creosote problem. I picked up the regular size for a neighbor and only received a cap, chemicals and brochures but I has not hooked it up yet.

i have the medium size meant for 4000 sq feet. i have my cap right off the steel that is bolted to the boiler. i also can't seem to get the water temperature up to the 180 like it is set at. the weird thing is that the fan turns off even though its no where near what its set for. i am wondering if my temperature gauge is off or something. i also thought they said that if you load up the furnace it should run 24 hours. mine might go 12 hours at the most. my house is 2400 sq feet and its rated for 4000 so i don't know why its burning so much wood a night.

I have a Wood Doctor!

It didn't come with a piece of pipe, but I added one piece (6') just to get the smoke up a little higher.

Check you temperature gauge and make sure it is pushed all the way in. It might be hanging out some!

Is your unit Stainless Steel? What is your model #? I hope it doesn't start with GH!! :shut:

Leaky

Mine is a stainless steel GH model which I believe now, stands for Global Hydronics sold to me by Wood Doctor! :mad:

My first OWB started leaking all over the ground in only it's 2nd heating season and it's replacement is doing the same after only it's 3rd season! :red:

Wood Doctor is telling me that if I want it fixed I have to disconnect and ship the entire 2000 lbs furnace halfway across the country so they can have a look at it!! >:-(

This could cost me about $4000 by the time I get it back . . . . that half what I paied for the OWB in the first place! :sick:

Leaky :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.