Any ZC fireplace boxes that use stainless steel pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesasetsider

Oct 3, 2012
I'm considering an open front ZC box like the Lennox HCI. I've also browsed some of the boxes on various fireplace sellers on the Internet and it seems all use galvanized steel for the exterior pipe. I want stainless steel for the weather resistance. I do not want to have to build a chase around my galvanized piping.

Am I missing something here? It seems there must be some boxes that use stainless pipe. I am not considering the more expenses fireplaces like the napoleon NZ26... I know they use stainless..

It depends on the fireplace spec. Some require proprietary pipe and others just require class A hi-temp pipe. You need to follow the stove mfg. requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.