Anybody burning Corinth is their Napoleon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltair

Oct 29, 2008
Eastern ME
I hear aroud that these are supposed to be very good pellets but I am still getting a lot of ash build up in the burn pot. The other night I ran the stove over night and when I got up the fire was even with the top of the pot and getting ready to spill into the rest of the stove. If you are having success in you napoleon what settings are you buring them on? Feed rate and Damper.

I am burning Corinth pellets in my Vista Flame. I found I have to open damper more, but turn heat output down. They burn very hot, more ash than other pellets I am burning, but not filling burn pot and the flame goes to the top of stove!! They are supposed to be hardwood, but I am not convinced of that. Just sent them an email asking about them. They came in a different bag than on their website.

The pellets I got from Corinth are definitely softwood though I have heard they produce hardwood as well. I too had to adjust my intake for these pellets and noticed an unusually high flame. Overall I'm very satisfied with them as they seem to burn very hot, and they burn fairly clean now that I have the air mixture right. Ash is light and fine, with the volume being pretty average. I still get black build-up on the glass at the low settings, but this burns off quickly when I jack the stove up into the medium range.

mkmh said:
The pellets I got from Corinth are definitely softwood though I have heard they produce hardwood as well. I too had to adjust my intake for these pellets and noticed an unusually high flame. Overall I'm very satisfied with them as they seem to burn very hot, and they burn fairly clean now that I have the air mixture right. Ash is light and fine, with the volume being pretty average. I still get black build-up on the glass at the low settings, but this burns off quickly when I jack the stove up into the medium range.

What color are the bags?

Saltair said:
I hear aroud that these are supposed to be very good pellets but I am still getting a lot of ash build up in the burn pot. The other night I ran the stove over night and when I got up the fire was even with the top of the pot and getting ready to spill into the rest of the stove. If you are having success in you napoleon what settings are you buring them on? Feed rate and Damper.

Yeah, I have had backups and heavy ash with the Corinth pellets. Mostly because of large clinker formation at higher temp settings, I believe. I had to up the air intake quite a bit - until I am almost blowing the burning pellets out of the pot. (Glo Boy 120). Every time I set the stove to a high temp, I end up having to rake large chunks out in fairly short order.

The Corinth pellets I got are in lt blue bag with earth on it. Says premium pellets. Said hardwood on the wrap over the whole ton. Still waiting reply from Corinth

Here is the response from Corinth Pellet Co.

We have been known for our low ash softwood pellets in the past. I know we hadn’t run any softwood that week. What you have is definitely hardwood. We are hearing other comments from customers that have burned our pellets in the past and they are noticing the extra ash. You may want to adjust your air a bit to help with the soot issue.

As for the bags, we are in the process of updating the website to match our bags.

I hope this helps.

Have a great week!

Samantha Eldredge

Sales & Distribution Manager

Corinth Wood Pellets

www.corinthwoodpellets.com

I have the same issues. Burning the beige bags with red print. High ash build up and difficulty regulating qutside air.
What setting for OA is working best for the Corinth pellets?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.