Anybody buy an England 30-NC from Doitbest?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creek-Chub

Nov 13, 2007
Niles, MI
I just did (got the last one, actually - wife checked after I ordered on the phone and it is out of stock).

Question - I know the Home Depot version ships with both legs and pedestal. The photos at Doitbest.com only show the pedestal, and the gal I spoke with didn't know anything about the legs. Anybody know if I get both, or if I'll have to buy the legs separately? Not a huge deal, but I was curious.

For that matter - anyone have one with legs that is looking to switch to a pedestal?

Thanks guys. You've been a ton of help in my search. Not only with picking out the model, but I was ready to shell out $1299 at HD, and another member was so kind to let me know about Doitbest and a promotion code. $1002.99 shipped was the final bill. Thanks Blel!

unless it was a stove that has set around in a warehouse for quite a while it should have the legs in it. we put a little box with the legs in it inside the unit on all 30-nc and 13-nc units regardless of where we ship them , but we have only done this for the last couple years. so the unit would have to be a couple years old not to have been shipped with legs in the unit.

if you did not get legs with the stove and intended to use them , call me at my shop tuesday (we are closed for holiday monday) ask for me. i'll see what i can do to get you squared away.

800-245-6489 8-5 eastern

BTW you did catch a nice price on the stove. kudo's to the member who gave you the promo code you got a good deal on an exceptional stove.im sure you will like it. and above all , welcome to the ESW family!

I'm also impressed that folks are still able to get stoves at good prices. Mike, you folks must be running triple shifts. If things keep going the way that have been by next month Englander may be the only stoves left in stock. Kudos to all the folks in VA for the hard work and long hours they must be putting in.

BeGreen said:
I'm also impressed that folks are still able to get stoves at good prices. Mike, you folks must be running triple shifts. If things keep going the way that have been by next month Englander may be the only stoves left in stock. Kudos to all the folks in VA for the hard work and long hours they must be putting in.

running 2 shifts currently, the guys are doing an incredible job. quality is strong and numbers are off the charts. thank goodness we got the second plant in gear at the beginning of the year and now have it up to capacity. ESW is producing from 1700 to 2000 units a week and maintaining a high standard of quality doing so. i cannot describe the pride i have for the exceptional craftsmen in our company. i'd put our welders up against any in the industry, they show up every day , leave drained but with their head up and constantly push each other to do the very best work at their craft. the finish workers are doing exceptional work at high speed still paying attention to detail and quality control (bolstered with my techs from the customer service department(most of which i trained, so i have a lot of personal pride in their efforts) at least all of them i can spare for now, teaching and helping maintain the high standards we set for our products) is ensuring that the products we send to the public are safe and well built.

in a nutshell , im in a great place. i work for a company which is prospering, at a job i love to do. and to top it off, i get to make a paycheck for what amounts to fun for me. how many can say that. , i occasion to print off stuff like that and post it on the company bulletin board though my comments wont be there (cant let em get too swelled up lol) occasionally we will get a kind testimonial from a customer who writes a nice letter maybe a picture of how happy he/she is with our stove , i love em , i post em whenever i get em , so the guys can read em. its as good as it gets watching the guys out there reading that letter , squinting at the pictures and bragging that "its gotta be one i fitted up" or ," i made that pass! looks good dont it?"

sorry if i got off topic, guess i better get off my soapbox now this is starting to sound like a commercial. guess my buddy BG gave me a chance to brag up my boys and i jumped on it. thanks for the kind mention bro. if nothing else maybe now the gang will get a feel for what is included with an englander stove; steel, bricks, sweat, and a whole lot of pride.

OK, i want one...but I won't need it for at least a few years. Could you go ahead and send me a set of legs now, though? Rick

stoveguy2esw said:
BeGreen said:

running 2 shifts currently, the guys are doing an incredible job. quality is strong and numbers are off the charts. thank goodness we got the second plant in gear at the beginning of the year and now have it up to capacity. ESW is producing from 1700 to 2000 units a week and maintaining a high standard of quality doing so. i cannot describe the pride i have for the exceptional craftsmen in our company. i'd put our welders up against any in the industry, they show up every day , leave drained but with their head up and constantly push each other to do the very best work at their craft. the finish workers are doing exceptional work at high speed still paying attention to detail and quality control (bolstered with my techs from the customer service department(most of which i trained, so i have a lot of personal pride in their efforts) at least all of them i can spare for now, teaching and helping maintain the high standards we set for our products) is ensuring that the products we send to the public are safe and well built.

in a nutshell , im in a great place. i work for a company which is prospering, at a job i love to do. and to top it off, i get to make a paycheck for what amounts to fun for me. how many can say that. , i occasion to print off stuff like that and post it on the company bulletin board though my comments wont be there (cant let em get too swelled up lol) occasionally we will get a kind testimonial from a customer who writes a nice letter maybe a picture of how happy he/she is with our stove , i love em , i post em whenever i get em , so the guys can read em. its as good as it gets watching the guys out there reading that letter , squinting at the pictures and bragging that "its gotta be one i fitted up" or ," i made that pass! looks good dont it?"

sorry if i got off topic, guess i better get off my soapbox now this is starting to sound like a commercial. guess my buddy BG gave me a chance to brag up my boys and i jumped on it. thanks for the kind mention bro. if nothing else maybe now the gang will get a feel for what is included with an englander stove; steel, bricks, sweat, and a whole lot of pride.

Dang, I'm about to shed a tear, and I don't even have the stove yet! All joking aside, I can't wait until it shows up. I've heard nothing but good about the product that you folks put out, and I'm eager to put it to the test. It's going to take a heating machine to keep away the gas man this year, and I can't think of another stove (and CERTAINLY, for the money) that would better fit the bill. Kudos to you and the guys for putting out a quality stove for a great price, and you can bet I'll PM a photo or two once I get it up and running. Thanks!

stoveguy2esw said:
and above all , welcome to the ESW family!

I'm actually coming up on a year which is a good thing, because last winter I put 5 cords of wood through this godforsaken masonry fireplace, and still spent $400 a month in propane! Honest, and this isn't a 200 year old farmhouse. 80 years, maybe, and not perfectly insulated, but it was getting out of hand. Through the creative use of fans and some ceiling registers to the second story, I'm looking to heat the whole works this year (excepting the possible assistance of some space heaters in a bedroom or two) with the stove. I may be just a touch optimistic, but we'll see.

Creek-Chub said:
stoveguy2esw said:
and above all , welcome to the ESW family!

I'm actually coming up on a year which is a good thing, because last winter I put 5 cords of wood through this godforsaken masonry fireplace, and still spent $400 a month in propane! Honest, and this isn't a 200 year old farmhouse. 80 years, maybe, and not perfectly insulated, but it was getting out of hand. Through the creative use of fans and some ceiling registers to the second story, I'm looking to heat the whole works this year (excepting the possible assistance of some space heaters in a bedroom or two) with the stove. I may be just a touch optimistic, but we'll see.

Put the blower on that 30, crank'er up and it'll get'er done.

cmonSTART said:
Yup. The blower is the key!

Does the blower really work that much better than ceiling/box fans? Is there something about the setup of this stove that makes it more necessary, or...?

stoveguy2esw said:
Webmaster said:
Certainly does sound like a commercial...
:coolmad:
sorry web, wasnt meant to be a sales pitch , just bragging up my guys. :red:

The nerve of you Mike! How dare you take pride in your products? :mad:

Creek-Chub said:
cmonSTART said:
Yup. The blower is the key!

Does the blower really work that much better than ceiling/box fans? Is there something about the setup of this stove that makes it more necessary, or...?

We use both, but it's the blower which moves a lot of air over the top of the stove and then out into the room. It's worth the money.

Creek-Chub said:
Is there something about the setup of this stove that makes it more necessary, or...?

No...not really anything about the setup of this particular stove. They all benefit from a blower. Trust me...get the blower. You can always turn it off if you don't like it, but you can't ever turn it on if it's not there. Rick

Fair enough. I'll have to contact Mr. Holton once the stove shows up.

This will probably be my next new stove as well, but hopefully that's many years down the road. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pick it up for?

I got a heck of a deal (given the current market) from the sounds of it, but right at $1000 and some change, shipped. Doitbest.com, free shipping to a local store, no sales tax, and a 15% off online code. Based on their website now, I got the last one. $1188 or so was the list price, although Home Depot has it for $1299 plus tax.

Creek-Chub said:
Fair enough. I'll have to contact Mr. Holton once the stove shows up.
i'll be awaiting your call, but if its gonna be a few days let me know ahead of time as i spend a large amount of time away from my office. drop me a PM when your stove arrives.

BrotherBart said:
stoveguy2esw said:
Webmaster said:
Certainly does sound like a commercial...
:coolmad:
sorry web, wasnt meant to be a sales pitch , just bragging up my guys. :red:

The nerve of you Mike! How dare you take pride in your products? :mad:

BB i did get over the top a bit, but im not so much plugging the product as the guys who build it, they deserve it , its been a hard year on them but man did they respond to the challenge.

if i sound like im making a sales pitch i apologize, i dont intend to sell in any forums, but those guys are kicking butt, and im pretty proud of them for it. my posts have been meant to praise their efforts.

This is a fine line, but I identify with the guys on the line trying to keep up with production right now. I suspect many are giving up weekends and family time in order to meet the extraordinary demand this year. So to all of you folks that are providing the stoves we love to burn in, I say thanks for the hard work! Keep those welds straight and trim those castings well. You are helping America in transition.

Creek-Chub said:
I got a heck of a deal (given the current market) from the sounds of it, but right at $1000 and some change, shipped. Doitbest.com, free shipping to a local store, no sales tax, and a 15% off online code. Based on their website now, I got the last one. $1188 or so was the list price, although Home Depot has it for $1299 plus tax.

Usually they get them back in stock in a week or so.

Can you share the coupon with us ?
I maybe in need of 2 more 30's myself.

The blower rocks by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.