Anybody else doing BULK PELLETS in MA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a bulk pellet bin in my basement last winter. It holds 3 tons and has been a HUGE improvement on all those bags and pallets. In addition the per-ton price is considerably cheaper with bulk delivery (currently $218/ton from Sandri).

Unfortunately only Sandri in Greenfield, MA delivers bulk in our area (as far as I know) so the delivery charge to central MA is pretty steep. It still ends up being cheaper than buying palleted pellets.

It occurs to me that if there were other bulk customers in central/eastern MA we might be able to share the cost of delivery with a little coordination. Sandri sounds willing to work with a group.

Anybody else got bulk?

Thanks,
Dave

I have two bulk bins up here in Vermont. A 5 ton and a 3 ton bin. Unfortunately, it's $30 per ton more expensive for bulk delivery so I'm still buying bagged pellets and blowing them into my bins manually. I'd prefer to do bulk but I'm buying 24 tons a year so the delivery fee adds up quickly.

I have two bulk bins up here in Vermont. A 5 ton and a 3 ton bin. Unfortunately, it's $30 per ton more expensive for bulk delivery so I'm still buying bagged pellets and blowing them into my bins manually. I'd prefer to do bulk but I'm buying 24 tons a year so the delivery fee adds up quickly.

Ahh, so now we know who created the so called pellet shortage in New England this year ;)

Reactions: AndrewChurchill
I have a 2400 sq/ft duplex with a Pellergy pellet burner that also does the DHW and my own 2200 sq/ft home with heated garage and apartment over the garage which also uses a Pellergy pellet burner with 500 gallons of storage at my house.

I haven't burned oil for over 6 years at any of my houses.

Reactions: Peterfield
I have a 2400 sq/ft duplex with a Pellergy pellet burner that also does the DHW and my own 2200 sq/ft home with heated garage and apartment over the garage which also uses a Pellergy pellet burner with 500 gallons of storage at my house.

I haven't burned oil for over 6 years at any of my houses.
Show off....

Reactions: AndrewChurchill
I installed a bulk pellet bin in my basement last winter. It holds 3 tons and has been a HUGE improvement on all those bags and pallets. In addition the per-ton price is considerably cheaper with bulk delivery (currently $218/ton from Sandri).

Unfortunately only Sandri in Greenfield, MA delivers bulk in our area (as far as I know) so the delivery charge to central MA is pretty steep. It still ends up being cheaper than buying palleted pellets.

It occurs to me that if there were other bulk customers in central/eastern MA we might be able to share the cost of delivery with a little coordination. Sandri sounds willing to work with a group.

Anybody else got bulk?

Thanks,
Dave
I'd contact your local pellet boiler dealers and find out if they could coordinate something with your fellow bulk bin users. I'd talk to your Kedel dealer, heck, you can probably check the Kedel map to see if there's anyone in your area:

http://stokercloud.dk

Wow, just looked, there are no Kedels in Massachusetts! Is that right?

The Biowin Windhager dealer also posts regularly on the Boiler forum. I'd start a new thread there to see if you can find some bulk bin users.

Status
Not open for further replies.