Anybody had any luck with cheap temp controllers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really frustrated with all of the closed, isolated, and proprietary devices that are part of most heating systems - I really wanted to be able to control everything precisely to get the best results. My obsession finally became an actual business, but with a twist. From the beginning we've been Open Source, and we encourage people to build their own if they'd like.

We now have systems scattered across a wide swath of the colonies (well, the North American colonies at least), but none in Europe (yet).

I have a very high opinion of my installer. Very well versed in all sorts of systems, those that he sells and ones that he doesn't but can point me at. I am more used to "This is what I have, and therefore what I am going to try to sell you", and with which the BS that fills the gap between Promise and Delivery is blindingly obvious, so I find it refreshing to have a supplier from a broader Church. No idea if that would be any use to you as a point of contact in UK, but happy to hear more about what you have (website link perhaps?) which I can pass on to my installer.

... happy to hear more about what you have (website link perhaps?) which I can pass on to my installer.

Thanks - 'Vesta Controller' link in my sig. Checkout the live display link in my sig as well if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.