Anybody have a light color Ideal Steel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lhr

Feb 25, 2015
Could anybody with a light color (almond or sand) Ideal Steel Hybrid stove comment on whether they're hard to keep looking nice? Does it get discolored by soot?

Thanks!

Could anybody with a light color (almond or sand) Ideal Steel Hybrid stove comment on whether they're hard to keep looking nice? Does it get discolored by soot?

Thanks!

My sister has one but hasn't been fired up yet. I would imagine as long as the gaskets are working correctly there should be no discoloration. Is there some other consideration your wary of?

Just wanting some real-world feedback on whether this is an issue. I haven't used a modern design stove, so I don't know if a little sooty smoke might escape whenever the door is opened.

My sister has one but hasn't been fired up yet. I would imagine as long as the gaskets are working correctly there should be no discoloration. Is there some other consideration your wary of?

The Ideal Steel has a bypass that needs to be opened before opening the door. That should minimize the amount of smoke that comes out the front. Having good draft and dry wood should take care of the rest.

Reactions: TheRambler
Status
Not open for further replies.