Anybody heard from Quads lately???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiedog3

Feeling the Heat
Sep 15, 2009
West Michigan
Just curious if anybody has heard from Quads lately?

I've been on here quite regularly and don't recall seeing any pics or comments from Quads.

aussiedog3 said:
Just curious if anybody has heard from Quads lately?

I've been on here quite regularly and don't recall seeing any pics or comments from Quads.

He's had some up, the Quads was still cutting last I knew.

zap

Yup, I'm still around. Been busy cutting and selling. I check the discussion board daily, but haven't posted too much, I wish this board had a 'Like' button. HA! Fighting a headache for four days now, yuck, and Mrs. Quads had the flu. Anyway, I still take pics everyday and here is one from yesterday:
IMG_0153%2520%25281024x768%2529.jpg

May you both heal very fast quads. Especially those headaches. I've fought those for too many years now and they are no fun at all.

Thanks Dennis! I've had them all my life. Migraines. Yuck! Mrs. Quads is feeling fine now. Although, her Packers football team is behind at halftime......

Nuts. The Pack lost their first game. Well, better now than in the playoffs.

quads, I've also had those danged things most of my life. Started after I had polio. They still aggravate me to no end...

Good to hear from you Quads. Always love the pictures.
That is such a sweet setup with the quad and trailer.
Is that a backrest on the quad? It looks kinda like a boat cushion.
How far do you generally travel on that thing to get a load?
Glad your bride is feeling better, hope you are feeling better soon too.

Photography is an art form and I always enjoy your photos Quads. Hope your head gets to feeling better. Mr. Savage, I have a lot of respect for you polio survivors. My great aunt is in her 80's and has used braces / crutches to walk ever since she was a young adult. A couple of her 3 kids were still in diapers when she came down with it. She never allowed it to slow her down.

Yup, Mrs. Quads' Packers lost their first game. She was not happy. Me, well, she is the football fan, I can take it or leave it.

The radio on the front of my quad is a scanner. I like to listen to it while I'm splitting and and loading/unloading the trailer. My dad and mom were both amateur radio operators, way back when you had to know Morse code. I am not a ham, but I like to listen to scanner, shortwave, play with the CB, etc.

Yes, that is an old canvas boat cushion! HAHA! When Mrs. Quads rides with me she has something to lean against. The black box on the back was made to fit some kind of Jeep. Years ago I worked for Penda in Portage making bed liners for pickups. They were scrapping a bunch of these Jeep boxes so I snagged one. Has come in handy and have had it mounted on several ATVs over the years.

I was going to guess it was a scanner, but thought it might be a fleet radio.

I'm a ham, but I also like to monitor the county police/fire communications, as well as the state troopers. Lots of fun!

-SF

quads said:
Thanks Dennis! I've had them all my life. Migraines. Yuck! Mrs. Quads is feeling fine now. Although, her Packers football team is behind at halftime......

Quads and Dennis. Do either of you take any meds specifically for migraines? I've had them for about 15-20 years and can't tell you how many days I've lost because of them. Bout 10 years ago I started on a med called Imatrex and it was an absolute miracle drug for me. I tried all of the other over the counter things that were available and once in awhile it would get them but usually not.

I now use one called Maxalt and if I catch it early and take one it is usually gone in about 1/2 hr to 1 hr. I'm talking headaches that would have turned into full blown knock you down for the day migraines too. You know the type I'm talking about if you have them. If you have never tried any of them, talk to your doctor because it can save you the pain and the unproductivity as well. You should call your doctor if you have an erection lasting more than four hours.... no never mind that's a different pill.... ;-P

My doctors have never been willing to prescribe medication for my migraines, they always want to talk about sinus infections and blood pressure. One time I was given a prescription for codeine and that stuff helped a lot. But of course he only gave it to me with no refills. You're right though, I have to take something right away when I feel one coming on, otherwise if I wait then it turns into a killer headache, nausea and the whole works, lasting for days sometimes. Usually I take ibuprofen, tylenol, aspirin, and a combination thereof. LOTS of it. Too much. Sometimes I take so much ibuprofen that my pee smells funny! HAHA!

Oh, and if I had an erection lasting more than four hours, it would be Mrs. Quads that had to see the doctor....... ;-)

quads said:
My doctors have never been willing to prescribe medication for my migraines, they always want to talk about sinus infections and blood pressure. One time I was given a prescription for codeine and that stuff helped a lot. But of course he only gave it to me with no refills. You're right though, I have to take something right away when I feel one coming on, otherwise if I wait then it turns into a killer headache, nausea and the whole works, lasting for days sometimes. Usually I take ibuprofen, tylenol, aspirin, and a combination thereof. LOTS of it. Too much. Sometimes I take so much ibuprofen that my pee smells funny! HAHA!

Oh, and if I had an erection lasting more than four hours, it would be Mrs. Quads that had to see the doctor....... ;-)

And this right here is why Quads is my hero!

Actually . . . Quads is one of those members I would love to meet one day . . . fascinating man.

Reactions: aussiedog3
HAHA! Aw shucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.