Anybody heard from the Levaraxe guy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
After a couple of people tried his product he kind of disappeared.

Hopefully he can sell enough in Finland, etc.

Matt

If you go to the arborist site there is a pretty good discussion about this and evidently there is one which people are sending around to each other for testing.

Given the relatively poor reviews it got here, I'm not surprised he hasn't been very visible. Can't say I was terribly surprised at the results of the review, I know the wood I split is pretty resistant to the tools that I use on it, so I didn't see how a relatively light tool like the LeverAxe would produce the size splits we use in most US stoves.

From what I understand typical European stoves use smaller splits in both length and size, which would possibly make the LeverAxe more useful since small short splits are easier to make.

Gooserider

Send him some elm for Christmas.

I saw the discusion on arborist site and I think the biggest problem was operator error. Looked like it worked for some and not for others. People were trying to use it like a regular maul or axe. He said to read the directions and one should loosen up the grip after striking the round. Hard to do if your use to swinging an 8lb maul.

Corie said:
I still have mine and can send it to anyone who wants to test it.

Send it this way, and I'll test it, then pass it to someone else at next years Hearth Party...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.