Anybody heard of Homewood Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3nickles

Oct 18, 2006
Went to my local Menards yesterday and saw they were selling Homewood Premium Pellets for 5.99 a bag. Bag states they are made in Slave Lake, Alberta Canada and have less than .5% ash and burn 8700 + BTU.

They also had Pennywise and Somerset pellets but I heard from my local dealer that Somerset was junk this year.

Anybody know if the Homewood pellets are good or have experience with them?

I have not used the Homewood pellets, but PelletSales.com has a comparison chart of the characteristics of several pellet brands and the Homewood look very impressive. The ash percentage is 0.08 which is about the lowest in the list. Many others hover around 0.3 - 0.5. The moisture content is 5.82 and the BTU looked good in comparison.

I would be interested to know how they burn for you if you get some?

3nickles said:
Went to my local Menards yesterday and saw they were selling Homewood Premium Pellets for 5.99 a bag. Bag states they are made in Slave Lake, Alberta Canada and have less than .5% ash and burn 8700 + BTU.

Why not buy a few bags and burn 'em.....then let everyone know what you think.

bought 10 bags from menards in mpls. burn ok but seem to take along time to start kicking out the heat. last few years have been burning marth, convenience(avail at local hardware store) and price (4.25 a bag), homewood are hotter but have never seen so many fines. my mt vernon does not have a problem with the sawdust but it keeps the pellets from sliding down the hopper.
going try a local pellet out of north branch

Status
Not open for further replies.