Anybody in Chesire CT? Free wood CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
I don't have the time.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/zip/2251475164.html

FREE FREE FIREWOOD!!! COME TODAY (CHESHIRE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-07, 7:37AM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIIIIIIIIII

TWO GIANT Trees fell in my yard today. One tree has double trunks so it's like THREE GIANT TREES. You can cut them up and take the firewood. They are easily accessible off the driveway (They fell near the driveway) and are just laying there, uprooted. They are about 70 - 100 feet tall each, if not more. THESE ARE OAK TREES - NOT PINE!!!!!!!!!! In another season you will have hundreds of dollars worth of awesome firewood.

Must bring your own tools and please come today if possible and take as much as humanly possible. I know it's wet out but please try and come by today.

EMAIL ME OR CALL ME AT 203-439-0656 TODAY!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2251475164

I was able to pull a load out of here today. 5X 10 trailer FULL , yes over loaded. My bud DouginCT showed up just in time to help load, in his fancy work clothes. This place was in a swamp to put it best. I KNOW PICS OR IT DID'NT HAPPEN. I'll work on that. All red oak, did I mention the swamp?

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM, OAK KC

i was so very tempted but my equipment trailer is still snowed in. sounds like a good scrounge minus the swamp lol..anything left up there? big diameter?/

IT was a good scrounge, someone was there before me, grabbed all the sweet straight grained stuff, but boy did he have to work for it. The genius that I am, homeowner called me back, this guy will not be taking it all. Now I am in go mode, throw the saws in the truck, hook the trailer, get to the site oh $#!t no fuel can. This guy that was here before me had to rent a "bigger" saw from HD. Good thing they supply you with fuel with the rental. I was able to scab some fuel from this cat. He borrowed my hand truck, I needed fuel, it all worked out.

KC

Big D. just some small stuff. Six, seven inches and under. Good amount of brush. I would say you could still pull a 1/4, 1/3 cord out of there. Did I mention the swamp?

KC

nah im good with that. If I coulda got there this am it would have been different. I probably wouldnt have thought to bring my hip waders though!

Not quite hip waders, but it was messy.

KC

Missed this but it was soupy yesterday.. too bad because i would have loved to help out and grab a little my self...

patch3-7-11-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.