Anybody in Danbury CT on Facebook ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Ray DiStephanto Danburys No rules Tag Sale

15 hrs ·

FREE - Seasoned firewood logs - approx 8 cords
FREE
Brookfield, CT
A full logging truck load of seasoned firewood. You pick it up and haul it away. FREE

43223449_2279900968791975_932492512981942272_n.jpg

43286450_2279900992125306_1480241834113368064_n.jpg

Wow! Looks like all hardwood. Almost makes me sad I moved...

Wow! Looks like all hardwood. Almost makes me sad I moved...

Almost, eh? You're a Maniac now Knots . . . no longer a Nutmegger.

Reactions: Knots
I'd go for it, but I already have mess the clean up......Boss Lady said "Don't even think about it".

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Almost, eh? You're a Maniac now Knots . . . no longer a Nutmegger.

Well, I always be "from away", but I like to think I blend. I certainly don't want to change anything around here and bring any CT with me. Well, maybe some of the Italian food.

I peruse the craigslist free ads here some times and it's always free pine or "take down the hardwood tree right next to my house and power lines for free". In SW CT, the tree crews in the ritzy areas were always looking for some way to get rid of wood. You could score cut-to-length oak, hickory, and maple with regularity.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
I'm from upstate NY...lived in GA, SC, ME, NC and lastly CT. CT was the only state I hated. Way too congested for me. The urban sprawl never ended.

I am, but since the tornado, no issues getting wood from my own street.

I'm from upstate NY...lived in GA, SC, ME, NC and lastly CT. CT was the only state I hated. Way too congested for me. The urban sprawl never ended.
You lived in the wrong, north east part of the state is more rural.

You lived in the wrong, north east part of the state is more rural.
You move where there is work. My work wasn't out there.

I did a ton of exploring in all of those areas.

Anywhere in upstate NY, i can jump on my motorcycle and in 10-20 mins I'm 'out' in the middle of no where. CT was congested. MA is congested. The only place to really escape to was NY.

Reactions: D8Chumley