Anybody know anything about Maine Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawl

Mar 22, 2009
Northwestern CT
The dealer I am going to order early buy my pellets from is carrying Maine Wood Pellets for 259/ton. The website says it is their first year carrying them so they are offered at a "considerable discount". Anybody burn them before is Maine wood pellet a new pellet producer this year. I am trying to decide between the Maine Wood Pellets and Michigan Wood Pellets both at similar prices.

well, Maine isnt bad really....Id categorize them as "middle of the road"........and $259 isnt THAt good a price.......check out www.woodpelletprice.com, a couple of maine entries there for you to compare.

I agree that is a bit high they may be labeled premium but I wouldn't call them that. I found they burn great but the ash content was high. They also seem less dense IE 1 bag almost fills the hopper when I can get 2 of most brands. I would buy them again if they were the cheapest option

If you can wait a few days before purchasing the Maine Pellets, i can give you lots of info on the pros & cons of these pellets .

muss said:
If you can wait a few days before purchasing the Maine Pellets, i can give you lots of info on the pros & cons of these pellets .

I will still be looking for a better deal and plan on buying in Mid April.

HAWL said:
The dealer I am going to order early buy my pellets from is carrying Maine Wood Pellets for 259/ton. The website says it is their first year carrying them so they are offered at a "considerable discount". Anybody burn them before is Maine wood pellet a new pellet producer this year. I am trying to decide between the Maine Wood Pellets and Michigan Wood Pellets both at similar prices.

If you enjoy emptying your ash vac with the same frequency you once cleaned your stove...then Maine Wood Pellet is the way to go.
If you like being cold and cleaning your stove...again Maine Wood Pellet would be the way to go.
If you want to buy a standard grade pellet at premium prices...then Maine Wood Pellet would be the way to go.
If you need to keep the ice on your front steps from getting too slippery then Maine Wood Pellet really shines!

i was one of the first people to buy these when they first came out laast summer, and i was very unhappy along with alot of other people here and stated my frustration, then dealt with it.

last week i went to my uncle's house to see him and he just got a ton of athens from last months batch, he proceeded o tell me that these were the best pellets of the yr. i was astonished so i took 5 bags and tried them out from sun till now and its like night and day, 50% less ash, zero clinkers and they actually look like wood pellets should.

so im on my way to get a sat and go and get some tonnage from the plant

still i wouldnt recommend buying a large amount of pellets until you try them out

i read other post about how bad they where and i tried a couples bag last week ash wasnt that bad and no clinkers here. every stove different i didnt have the nasty problem some mentioned. they might have sent good ones good ones to canada lol. canadian tire here has them along with lignetics.they dont burn as hot as eastern embers or lignetics but still burn hotter than the comfy cozy kents sell here.

SparkyDog said:
HAWL said:

If you enjoy emptying your ash vac with the same frequency you once cleaned your stove...then Maine Wood Pellet is the way to go.
If you like being cold and cleaning your stove...again Maine Wood Pellet would be the way to go.
If you want to buy a standard grade pellet at premium prices...then Maine Wood Pellet would be the way to go.
If you need to keep the ice on your front steps from getting too slippery then Maine Wood Pellet really shines!

LOL, this reminds me Warm Front pellets.......:))

Status
Not open for further replies.