Anybody know what make this wood boiler is ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

machinistbcb

Nov 21, 2007
Sabattus Maine
I found this wood boiler for sale in a local on-line classified site. The owner says they do not know the make and there is not any type of identifacation on the boiler. He thinks its about 10 years old, he says it will take a 28" long stick. It appears to be in pretty good shape, if anybody might have any info on it I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• wood boiler2.jpg
    wood boiler2.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 458
That's a pretty distinctive design, so it should be easy to ID. Unfortunately, it's not one I'm familiar with. Nice looking fab work. Old tech, but probably a pretty decent boiler. Could be homemade, I guess. Looks like it was welded by someone who cared, in any event.

How much are they asking?

Sounds like a great deal. It looks to be well maintained. But these things don't last forever; eventually they spring a leak and then you're done. You can't fix a corroded boiler pressure vessel. So make sure that it holds pressure, or get some guarantee that it does, before doing the installation. One good way is to run a garden hose into the drain bib and fill it with water (letting the air out through the pressure relief valve as you do). The boiler should fill until it hits 30 psi, at which point the pressure relief valve should open. Assuming it can be kept above freezing, let it sit overnight and check for leaks in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.