Anybody know what they are doing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
Can't figure out what they are doing or trying to prove or selling or what their solution is.
Any thoughts.

Can't figure out what they are doing or trying to prove or selling or what their solution is.
Any thoughts.

Looks to me like some sort of anti-missile defense system...but then again, I read too much CNN and not enough Hearth.com (where I should be).

Iffen you have pressure on your log, you can pinch yo bar?

Splitting and cutting at the same time? If you have appropriate pressure on the log it splits while your cutting it?

Having seen this long ago and knowing what they are saying it is a safety training vid to show the different forces on a log under pressure and how to cut it safely. More people should pay attention to this.

That device is called a "tension simulator" and what Butcher said is exactly right. They simulate tension forces in the log and people can practice how to deal with those when working with a chainsaw.

Having seen this long ago and knowing what they are saying it is a safety training vid to show the different forces on a log under pressure and how to cut it safely. More people should pay attention to this.
Ahh that makes sense now.
Honestly, at first I thought it was some new device to hold your wood and split it while cutting, because it popped up when I was surfing through some wood splitting videos on YouTube.

heres an another interesting example that would make you think that the first video was a new tool to cut and split wood.

These guys first split their wood into 4 foot lengths and then cut it into burnable pieces LOL

Now this video is a great way to process wood.

forget about selling it to the public, just keep it stacked and stored in my own back yard.:)
with a top cover of course.;)

These guys first split their wood into 4 foot lengths and then cut it into burnable pieces LOL
I think one could go faster with a $79 Homelite than the AutoCut 700!

I think one could go faster with a $79 Homelite than the AutoCut 700!

Exactly. Besides that, think about the splitter you need to split 4 foot logs into those little splits.

Status
Not open for further replies.