Anybody out there?? M55 combustion motor gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Scraped off the torn gasket and need to put the new on on!! Dumb question, How do I get it to stay in place so I can screw the blower back on??

Thanks!

Hold the gasket up to the blower housing, Place the screws thru the gasket and thread each in about half way. Place the blower over the screws(larger hole in the blower flange) and twist it in the slot towards the smaller end. Tighten screws.

For the flanges that don't have slots(just screw holes)
Place the gasket up to the blower flange, Place one screw(top works best) thru the flange and gasket. Place the blower and gasket up to the blower housing. Start the first screw(don't tighten yet) and get the others lined up and start. Tighten the screws!

Thanks guys...Guess i will have to try the RTV as my screws don't go thru the gasket! Blower mounts to the angled plate/flange!

DSC_0435[1].jpgDSC_0437[1].jpg

That's what I did...a couple of "dots" of RTV. Don't use too much because next go around you have to scrape it off prior to placing the new gasket. BTW, I ordered some Lytherm from ebay and have enough to make several gaskets for a lot less than what Enviro charges.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Does the other side of that housing have 6 small screws going around it? Or is the blower, motor, and housing all one unit?

Just getting around to cleaning it? Slacker ;)

Does the other side of that housing have 6 small screws going around it? Or is the blower, motor, and housing all one unit?

Just getting around to cleaning it? Slacker ;)

The motor mounts to the housing with 3 screws if I remember. I like to take the motor out of the housing and then the blower off the motor to clean the fins and housing once a year. It barely needed it even then. Probably could go multiple years. I used stove glass cleaner to get the fins and housing back to their old shiny self after vacuuming the stuck on ash with my shop vac:).

The motor mounts to the housing with 3 screws if I remember. I like to take the motor out of the housing and then the blower off the motor to clean the fins and housing once a year. It barely needed it even then. Probably could go multiple years. I used stove glass cleaner to get the fins and housing back to their old shiny self after vacuuming the stuck on ash with my shop vac:).

I agree...not much crap on the fins, but it did quiet down a little after the cleaning!

Thanks for all the help!

Mad Dog, I will be looking for your contact for the Lytherm sheets as I am out 120.00 for four gaskets!

Yeah... Thats ridiculous. I have a sheet if you want to see how well it will work (you cutting yourself)?

Eaton,

I think you could have used the 6" breckwell gaskets(ebay) for that blower. If the OD is 6" anyway. The bolt holes wouldn't have effected the seal.

I bought a fancy thing to cut the gaskets, Has a nice jig to cut the circles out. I'll post it if you want. That is if I remember where the heck I got it from. I still have to use a punch for the bolt holes, But a non issue for you. Works slick and too easy.

http://www.allpaxcorp.com/cgi-bin/a/products/extension.html?id=UeZEBgCW

Umm I think I got it at Graingers, But they also have retailer locations on there web site.

I agree...not much crap on the fins, but it did quiet down a little after the cleaning!

Thanks for all the help!

Mad Dog, I will be looking for your contact for the Lytherm sheets as I am out 120.00 for four gaskets!

Ouch! Here is where I got mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pellet-Stov...788&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=190652779019&

If the link doesn't work just search for "lytherm gasket" on ebay. The seller is heiligkuh. I cut mine with a good set of scissors.

Eaton,

I think you could have used the 6" breckwell gaskets(ebay) for that blower. If the OD is 6" anyway. The bolt holes wouldn't have effected the seal.

I just measured my gasket. It is in fact 6" OD. The ID is 4". That ebay Breckwell gasket would probably work although it looks like it's ID might be more like 5".

Status
Not open for further replies.