Anybody perform any modifications on a Quadrafire Castile free standing pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thz123

Jan 8, 2009
IOWA
I was trying to figure out a way to get more heat from my pellet stove and was wondering if anyone has tried any ideas.

I would like to some how blow some air around the firebox on the right and left side of the unit. There seems to be a 2 inch gap between the cast iron and the firebox. There are also vents on top of both sides of the units that let air convect out naturally. Trying to figure a way to put a small fan in somewhere, to blow this warm air out the top side vents. any ideas on how to do this?

Would love to hear what other people have tried...Thanks, Tom

thz123,

The Castile is a small stove at only 30K BTU's total. What amount of sqft are you trying to heat?

If you really want to try "Part #62" is where I would mount the fan. But this may also effect the snap disc's on the convection blower. I would only try the fan in a temporary position and not go cutting anything before you are absolutely sure it will help convect some heat and not mess up any other functions on the stove.

Keep us posted!
jay

Attachments

• castile.jpg
    castile.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: sgenks
You need a bigger stove, 30K is 30K.

Status
Not open for further replies.