anybody replace their convection fan on a quad lately

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
after pulling my insert out and cleaning it spotless and replacing door gasket i chipped the end, figures but still order new one.

button everything up turn her on and my fan is squeaking crazy! great figures again.

break down pull out convection fan blower test on the bench and its then
bearing.

call my local dealer to see if they have one in stock yes they do, great ask her the model number and rpm of that fan. she tells me that the rpm are 2400? weird because mine says 3000.

call another dealer who i know will have it in stock and yup same thing! so i go and tell him if you were to go for a service call for my stove and u took out fan that was 3000 rpm and put in the 2400 which home and hearth is the one who supplies him.

i tested them both on my bench and could tell a difference the thing i don't understand is why would quad sell the same model with less air output.

its late and i need a beer......

Fish On said:
after pulling my insert out and cleaning it spotless and replacing door gasket i chipped the end, figures but still order new one.

button everything up turn her on and my fan is squeaking crazy! great figures again.

break down pull out convection fan blower test on the bench and its then
bearing.

call my local dealer to see if they have one in stock yes they do, great ask her the model number and rpm of that fan. she tells me that the rpm are 2400? weird because mine says 3000.

call another dealer who i know will have it in stock and yup same thing! so i go and tell him if you were to go for a service call for my stove and u took out fan that was 3000 rpm and put in the 2400 which home and hearth is the one who supplies him.

i tested them both on my bench and could tell a difference the thing i don't understand is why would quad sell the same model with less air output.

its late and i need a beer......

A bigger impeller would compensate for the lower RPM. Something to think about.

true but its the same model?

I wonder if i could repair the old one. its only 3 seasons old.

short money for the new one it was on 116 bucks, another store wanted 264!

The RPM may have been different. But did it state the CFM's.? That is the important #. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.