anybody seen this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... 'will split a log 12" in diameter...' Well I certainly hope so since the splitter comes with a round lifter. 1400...that about the going price around here too for the big ones. Hard to find a deal on splitters unless you go used.

If you consider that model, and are going to order it from a local store (if they do not stock it), if so try to use a coupon. I purchased several coupons off ebay(they are from the entertainment book, the one for Oklahoma City did not have them this year). There are actually three different coupons, but one of them is a 15% off one single item, gets the price down to $1260 before taxes ofcourse. I have seen several threads regarding HF splitters (none were about that splitter specifically), but those that like them, seem to really like them. I personally bought the 22 ton Huskee. You might be able to get a service agreement from HF for pretty cheap. May even see if the manager can include it in the price.

FYI the other HF models 24 and 30 ton splitters went up $100 in price about 3 weeks ago. I also noticed the prices for ordering them instore maybe less than the online price. Seems like everything is going up faster than I can remember, well almost everything my paycheck seems to be the only thing not going up. Of course inflation is was only at 1.1% last month. I think the price of gas and groceries went up more that 20%.

aussieblake

Status
Not open for further replies.