Anybody use a transom fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
The double fans you stick in a window or maybe at the top of a doorway?

Are they loud?

I've seen them in the stores and they get the mind moving... generally a dangerous thing.

Matt

yeah, no they arent bad..why

I had and Entreair, the little half moon 10 inch job and no it wasn't any better than the one on the floor and yes it was very loud. So loud I peddled it on Ebay and went back to the old reliable box fan on the floor that I continue to trip over constantly until last month. A Wallyworld box fan on low moves a lot of air if you can avoid falling over it . After a while it's like stepping over your favorite dog or cat but at least it doesn't move around as much.

Reactions: edge-of-the-woods
We use ceiling fans and they're pretty quiet and more appealing than transom fans ...not that there's anything wrong with transom fans except they serve no purpose in the summer...plus you have to dick up you're door header.

Status
Not open for further replies.