1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anybodyy ever get hold of that crazy Finland splitting ax?

Post in 'The Gear' started by DavidV, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    We had da thread running last year about an offset splitting acxe from europe. the price was very steep so I don't know if anyone ever got a chance to tryi it out.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    I know that a couple of members did try it out and give some opinions. Try a search for lever axe and see what you come up with. As I remember it wasn't that impressive.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  4. KeithO

KeithO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jackson, MI
    It subjectively looks too light and with too much surface area, which appears to be confirmed by the reports. Maybe if one makes a plug that goes into the end of the handle of depleted uranium it would make up for the weight issue... Now where can one find the depleted uranium ? One of the safer areas would be at the european target areas for the A10's. I certainly won't be going looking for it with a geiger counter and metal detector in iraq....
  5. computeruser

computeruser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East Lansing, MI
    I had one for a while. One of the guys over at arboristsite got a demo to pass around. I was not impressed, and attributed its failings to the fact I was splitting hardwood. Well, a couple other guys tried it and were able to figure out the technique to make it work on relatively straight-grained hardwoods. I'd be interested to try it again, with an eye towards trying to figure out how to get it to work for the stuff I cut and split, since I believe the folks who were satisfied with it aren't BSing about its ability to get the job done.

Anyway, its a moot point now, since the new splitter with a 4-way can outsplit the leveraxe any day of the week!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.