1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Anybodyy ever get hold of that crazy Finland splitting ax?

Post in 'The Gear' started by DavidV, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    We had da thread running last year about an offset splitting acxe from europe. the price was very steep so I don't know if anyone ever got a chance to tryi it out.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    I know that a couple of members did try it out and give some opinions. Try a search for lever axe and see what you come up with. As I remember it wasn't that impressive.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  4. KeithO

KeithO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jackson, MI
    It subjectively looks too light and with too much surface area, which appears to be confirmed by the reports. Maybe if one makes a plug that goes into the end of the handle of depleted uranium it would make up for the weight issue... Now where can one find the depleted uranium ? One of the safer areas would be at the european target areas for the A10's. I certainly won't be going looking for it with a geiger counter and metal detector in iraq....
  5. computeruser

computeruser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East Lansing, MI
    I had one for a while. One of the guys over at arboristsite got a demo to pass around. I was not impressed, and attributed its failings to the fact I was splitting hardwood. Well, a couple other guys tried it and were able to figure out the technique to make it work on relatively straight-grained hardwoods. I'd be interested to try it again, with an eye towards trying to figure out how to get it to work for the stuff I cut and split, since I believe the folks who were satisfied with it aren't BSing about its ability to get the job done.

Anyway, its a moot point now, since the new splitter with a 4-way can outsplit the leveraxe any day of the week!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.