Anyone around elwood Indiana want to help cut wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Got alot of wood to cut will share for help!

When are you thinking about doing it. For me it would have to be the weekend I work a second shift.

MMaul said:
When are you thinking about doing it. For me it would have to be the weekend I work a second shift.
Sunday am.

What time Sunday I go to church but can be done by 10:30 a.m.

MMaul said:
What time Sunday I go to church but can be done by 10:30 a.m.
ill be starting at 9am can give you directions to get there, what do you have for hauling?

I usually use a 12 foot trialer but have acess to a 3/4 ton gmc if I need it, too. I will need a time frame as I have little kids and will need to get a baby sitter.

Ill be starting at 9 and i can hull about a cord takes me about 2 hrs, we could get you full pretty quick if your saw sharp and a good back!lol
there is 5 tree total wont get them all done sunday.If you can get there by 11:00 iam sure it wouldnt take more than 1-2hrs

O.K. P.M. Me the directions I will sharpen my chains on Saturday and I might be able to bring an an extra guy to help load. I dont have any back problems so it shouldnt be an issue. Are the trees down or will we need to take them down?

MMaul said:
O.K. P.M. Me the directions I will sharpen my chains on Saturday and I might be able to bring an an extra guy to help load. I dont have any back problems so it shouldnt be an issue. Are the trees down or will we need to take them down?
they need fell and buck but no issue on hitting anything!(I can do the felling)

My only concern was hitting something.

Adios Pantalones said:
%$#@- too much of a drive for me. I love working my scrawny butt off doing this stuff.
You'll have fun!!!!

Alright I just looked up directions so its not that far. I will see you on Sunday Is something should come up I will give you a call.

See you then will take pic's and post the wood haul !!!!!!!!!

I certainly cant make it, but I gotta say this is pretty cool sheet.....hookin up on the net for a wood score, ...awesome. Pretty kind of ya 'j.

Ray that's what I thought anything to help out, use chainsaw and get free wood. It's a win win in my book.

MMaul said:
Ray that's what I thought anything to help out, use chainsaw and get free wood. It's a win win in my book.
Its kind of a win win win win! Home owner gets it done quickier (when you can impress the home owner and dont charge them, more jobs everytime) we both get wood and heat for free!

I was thinking along these lines, finding someone in my area that would like to do a labor exchange - you help me i help you (cant give away the wood because i dont own the land). +points if you can teach me to fish (my boat, my beer, your skills)

wow, sounds a little too much like a personal ad...

Lookin' forward to the pics of Sunday's wood event.

Ok MMual I got 16 sharp chains and some extra help YEA!!!!!!!!!! its on like donkey kong!

Heres a few pics I forgot the camera to show the tree hope to rember next trip! cant get them to load

[quote author="smokinj" date="1226343540"]Heres a few pics I forgot the camera to show the tree hope to rember next trip! cant get them to load. 20-25 loads left!!!!!!!!!!!
Mmaul got a squated 3/4 ton truck load my trailer was full and were only half way through 1 of those 5 trees!

CowboyAndy said:
Where are the pics???
i got a few on my computer but need to be broken down frist (need help with that will be wensday)

if you wanna e-mail them to me, I can size them for ya to post, if ya do, shoot me a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.