Anyone build their own boiler? Storage ideas also needed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welderboyjk

Jan 29, 2009
South West, Michigan
Presently I have a Lopi Endeavor woodstove in the basement w/ a propane furnace in a house about 26*48 2 single storyw/ basement, and a 6*18 extension for a mud/laundry room. I also have a shop 28*48*12 block walls w a baxi boiler (love the warm floor).
I am a welder/fabricator by trade so the project does not worry me. I like the secondary burn in my woodstove and the cleanliness of the flue if I burn dry wood. I do NOT like seeing boilers smoldering away stinking & such. My idea was to build a boiler kind of like my woodstove, I thought if I had a good hot fire with a storage tank I could let it build heat in the storage & let the fire go out then start another. I wouldn't starting a fire every day or two. Does this sound like a reasonable project.
I am also looking for ideas on storage tanks. More than likely the boiler would be in a "shed" slightly into a side hill preferably with a storage tank buried behind or near it. Any input would be appreciated, unless it is flamage.

Status
Not open for further replies.