1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Anyone burn Northern Lights brand premium pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jackovalltrades, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackovalltrades

jackovalltrades New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    These pellets are said to be "clean handling and clean burning wood pellets made from only pure softwood lumber fiber of central BC, Canada" and "meets or exceeds the specifications for Residential Premium Grade Pellets laid down by the Pellet Fuels Institute". This brand sells much cheaper by the ton than others in my area. As the title says... anyone burn these pellets and compare them to other brands? Let me know what you think. Unfortunately the retailer only sells by the ton, no individual bag sales.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Grab a few bags and try them out. They could be a good buy. Note how much sawdust is at the bottom of the bag, the consistency and length of the pellets. And then how they burn, cleanliness of the burnpot etc.
  3. jackovalltrades

jackovalltrades New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    I would except as I said, they're not sold individually.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Ask them if they have a couple broken bags around. If they want your business, it makes sense to offer you a sample.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.