Anyone burned any of these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
http://www.nixahardware.com/wood_pellets_springfield_mo.html, I have been able to tell from the posts on here that other than what you can buy the big boxes pellets appear to be regional. I know the pellets I am burning now are Fuel King from Iowa. They tend to clinker a lot. I grabbed a bag of Nature's Heat at Wally earlier and am going to throw them in the stove here in a few hours.

The Ozarks Oaks are 179 a ton, and the others are 197 a ton. These will probably be my main choice of pellets. Due price and availbilty.

Ok I have only been burning pellets for a few weeks now. Only ones I had previously burned where the Fuel Kings that the people I got the stove from had left over. I put a bag of Pennington Nature Heat in earlier and WOW huge difference in the burn. The Fuel Kings had a clinker almost all the time and what I consider to be very high ash. . Been burning the Natures Heat for several hours now and no clinker and a very nice flame. So if these are not a favorite pellet of many I cannot wait to find some true HIGH quaility pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.