Anyone Burning a Jotul F 55?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinters

Nov 10, 2011
North East Pennsylvania
I'm looking for some reviews on the performance of the F 55. I'm specifically interested in burn times, stove top temps, the frequency of glass cleaning and any other interesting points or tips that may be useful.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I don't have ALL the info you're after, but the main drawback to this guy is the top load feature. It's still a clean burn baffle/secondaries unit - no bypass damper per se - & 2 of the 3 baffles pivot for the top loading. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of room for odd shaped cord wood to fit thru. Twisties or knobbies are not gonna fit. It's got a fairly substantial (2.6 Cu Ft) fire box, but if your wood is irregularly shaped, you can't fill it...
HTH...

The TL-50 is a top load or front load stove. The F-55 is a front load only stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.