Anyone burning this pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
Great northern pellet. Bought 10 bags to hold me over till I can get around to buying 2.6 tons of okies. I bought them from a small feed supply store in Mansfield ct. $5.99 a bag. They are made in Barnstead, NH and so far they are a pretty damn good pellet. They are a dark brown soft pellet, a little on the longer side compared to Okies. A little steep on the price but a pretty good pellet.

Baston8005 said:
Great northern pellet. Bought 10 bags to hold me over till I can get around to buying 2.6 tons of okies. I bought them from a small feed supply store in Mansfield ct. $5.99 a bag. They are made in Barnstead, NH and so far they are a pretty damn good pellet. They are a dark brown soft pellet, a little on the longer side compared to Okies. A little steep on the price but a pretty good pellet.

Lakes Region pellets are made in Barnstead, NH. Have not seen any around yet but some on this forum have tried them. Reviews so far have been pretty good. Some more info off of the bag would help.

I burned 2 bags, and I thought they were just OK. Bought them at the same place you did. Really nice people, I wish they carried pellets that my stove liked! I also think I'm turning into a pellet snob....After burning a couple brands that worked out really well, I'm less tolerant of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.