Anyone burnt a load in ESW Madison?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silenced38

Feeling the Heat
Apr 11, 2014
Southeast Oklahoma
Got mine installed but still way to hot to burn. Was just wandering if anyone has yet. Nothing worse than having a new toy and cant play with it! :( Every time i say "i wish it would get cold" somebody tries to slap me! Mabe somebody out there (thats ran theirs) could give me a fix to tide me over.

I haven't even gotten mine installed yet.. You should throw up a pic of the install. I can't wait to get mine in and burning too!

Even if it is in July and 95 degrees, when I install a new stove or do chimney changes here it gets lit off for a smoke check. My wife always says "It is about to get really hot in this joint.".

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
I haven't even gotten mine installed yet.. You should throw up a pic of the install. I can't wait to get mine in and burning too!
Heres the pic. Gona tile the concrete board wall protector and build a matching hearth pad. But thats next summers project. image.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing how that puppy performs. I checked it out at the Wood Stove Decathlon and it is a different animal. In mostly good ways.

Even if it is in July and 95 degrees, when I install a new stove or do chimney changes here it gets lit off for a smoke check. My wife always says "It is about to get really hot in this joint.".
Every time i start to, my wife balks. I tell her we can let the stove and a/c fight it out.

Me to. Im hoping the trigger means i cant forget to turn it down. Gona try loading it like yall do the nc 30. RAke the coals to the front and put big split in back. Then load her for all nite.

Tell her you don't want to find out if something is wrong with the install on a cold night and end up with a house full of smoke when you can't ope the windows. It works. >> And is true by the way.

Mine is used to living with a wood stove junkie and just says "Yeah right.".

Me to. Im hoping the trigger means i cant forget to turn it down. Gona try loading it like yall do the nc 30. RAke the coals to the front and put big split in back. Then load her for all nite.

You are going to start out like everybody should, smaller loads and get used to how you and that stove work together and increase the loads from there.

Tell her you want to cure the paint while still feasible to open the windows while it cures, rather than doing it while it is cold out.
Just do it, once it is lit, tell her it has to run the course.

Reactions: Owen1508
Tell her you want to cure the paint while still feasible to open the windows while it cures, rather than doing it while it is cold out.
Just do it, once it is lit, tell her it has to run the course.
She said i already cured the paint when it was outside. She pays more attention than i thought!:eek:

Tell her it cures in several firings, each with a higher temp, and it will take another few firings. Don't give up so easily. Grab your nads, and show her who is boss!

Last edited:
Saturday nites suppose to have a low round 54. I think sunday morning be a good time for a test run. I laughed so hard Hogwildz that she quit talking to me and went to bed.

Ah, peace and quiet.....for a little while anyways.....

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Status
Not open for further replies.